
Have you been watching The Bachelor this season? Every year I swear that I will resist the urge to get sucked in to yet another season of shallow, dramatic spouse-selection. And every year I give in. This year was no exception.
And in keeping with tradition, Jonathan still refuses to be in the room when the show is on. Funny, though, how he manages to appear in the living room, always accompanied by some sort of prop (an open book, a trailing puppy dog, a toothbrush in his mouth, a snack or drink of water) right around the beginning of each rose ceremony. The prop makes his inevitable question seem more nonchalant, more coincidental.... "So...who's getting kicked off?"
I see right through your act, boy. You care. Oh, you care.
Though some things about my Bachelor traditions never change, this season a new element has been added: Lincee of http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/. Each Tuesday she writes a recap of the previous evening's episode, and let me tell you: the girl busts my gut every time. I would venture to guess that you would enjoy her even if you aren't keeping up with the show (though a word of caution: Lincee's take on the show is delightfully embellished with fake conversations, etc., so not everything you read is an actual play-by-play. But that is part of the fun: she reads between the lines and writes hysterical dialogue for what they were really thinking/doing). If you have some time to kill, check her out. Oh, and my girl Lincee is a Baylor grad too... Sic 'em!
If you've been watching, any bets on who Jason will pick? I'm leaning toward Jillian, the hot-dog fixing Canadian, eh.
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, Kyle does the exact same thing. He will start asking questions and it just annoys me that he won't watch it from the beginning. He does that with all my girly shows!
I read two blogs that do a recap and they are hysterical. I love it!
This is the first season that I haven't been a faithful watcher. I miss it, too.
I really like Jillian and Melissa but I think he picks Melissa!!
I love this season!!
Ok, this has nothing to do with Bachelor (fortunately I didn't get sucked in this season. But I can't say the same about American Idol...)
Anyway, I was looking at your candy post (yummm). Do you have any recipes for a delicious dessert that one could make on Valentine's day?? I would love to hear it if you do!
Ooh, that sounds great. Only if you don't mind though!
I have gotten some ideas online but I want to make something that I know someone has made before and actually likes!
I've been reading her blog for about 5 or 6 seasons now, and I agree that it is probably the best part of the whole show! ;)
And I know some dirt on Melissa.....!!!! ;)
Hey girl. Thank you so much for all your prayers. We all still need them. Today was really tough for Bonnie, dealing with all the medical reports and bills. I feel comfort knowing you are there still praying. Thank you so much. I hope you are doing great!!
p.s.-I'm obsessed with the Bachelor too!!!
ha. agree w/ haley and you - jason will NEVER admit it, but especially toward end of season, he starts popping his head in, asking a few questions...waiting around to see who'll get the rose...yup. he's guilty. but the funny thing is when we're in social settings, he says i make him watch it and talks like it's torture - ha. i know better. :)
Post a Comment