When you start your car on a cold Monday morning and the first thing you hear is Madonna's "Like a Prayer" busting through the speakers, you know it's gonna be a good one. And when that tune is followed by Maroon 5's "This Love," Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do," and Natasha Beddingfield's "Pocket Full of Sunshine," you know it can only get better. It was like the radio deejay knew exactly what I needed to kick start this week. Rather than dwelling on the many things coming my way in the week ahead, I spent my drive reminiscing...with "Like a Prayer," memories of a dancefloor full of girls singing at the top of their lungs at Meredith's wedding; with "This Love," I was driving to South Padre with Meredith, Julie, and Jenny for Spring Break 2004, with "Everything I Do" I was in 7th grade listening to my brother learn this song on the piano, annoyed that he played it at double the speed. Pretty sure he was writing the dance mix version. And with "Pocket Full of Sunshine," well, I don't really have any memories of this song, but its just so darn cheery that you can't help but sing along and bob your head. I mean, the land is full of butterflies, people! That's a happy place if I've ever seen one.
What's your happy song these days?
6 comments:
Oh, I liked this post. I can't get enough of Jack Johnson these days- Noah and I call him "shoulder shaking" music, cause you just can't listen to him without shaking your shoulders (or, dare I say it...hips) a bit. "Better Together" and "Banana Pancakes" are current faves.
Great music taste!!
I would have danced along to that as well! I am currently and seemingly obsessed with John Mayer...just like back in the ol' college days! ;)
Oh..my...I have way too many!!
The theme song to the Partridge Family television show has been in my head recently. It just puts me in a good mood.
Post a Comment