This is a long week. It is only Wednesday.
I am working every night until 9 or 10 p.m. for a multitude of reasons: advisor roundtables, alternative spring break program interviews, gamma chi interviews (formerly rho chis for all you Panhellenic ladies out there), and a recruitment chair meeting. Almost all of these obligations are things I enjoy (Minus the recruitment chair meetings. I have never seen a group of college women get more ugly than when they are trying to determine how long a skit should be, whether beverages can be served on Pref night, and other ridiculous details of the nuttiness that is recruitment. But that's another post). In the midst of it all, for the sheer fact that I even have a job I enjoy I am very, very thankful.
But still. I am reaching my limit. When there is literally no time left in the day for laundry, cooking a decent meal, going to the grocery store, or just relaxing with Jonathan, my fuse starts to get pretty low and each task seems to take my entire energy store just to get it done. I don't like that feeling.
Oh, and did I mention that this week is Jonathan's first round of exams for the semester? As you can imagine, we are both a little worn and frazzled these days.
Which is why I am keeping my eyes set on Friday. For on Friday, we go here:
Shelby Forrest State Park. We have rented a cabin for Friday night and will spend the first half of the weekend relaxing by the fire, eating fondue and making s'mores, reading for fun, hiking, watching movies, and just reconnecting after a few hectic weeks. Call it an early Valentine's Day. I just call it sanity.
(If you recall, we did this just before Christmas as well. We've developed an affection for state park cabins because they are so relaxing and cozy yet very affordable. This weekend's cabin is only $65 for two bedrooms, a fireplace and wood, linens, a fully stocked kitchen, etc. Not too shabby. So if you're in need of a little getaway yourself, check out the state park near you!)
Oh, and be sure to check out the latest giveaway from Blue Eyed Bride! Gotta love some Hanky Panky brand panties!!!
7 comments:
I remember well the ridiculous antics of recruitment. We were allowed to pass out water the first day with one lemon wedge. 2 was too many. And lemonade? NO WAY. I was turned in for wearing a DG drop around my neck, which was actually a star. Girls can be VICIOUS! It's so silly.
Have fun at your cabin this weekend, sounds like a fantastic time!!
So happy you are getting a weekend away :)
Oh, that place looks wonderful. Good for you guys for setting aside time to reconnect. It sounds amazing. Only two days left in the week and you're outta there! You can do it!!
I am sorry you are having such long days! Grrr-I couldn't handle all that (well I guess I would :)
What a wonderful weekend yall have planned! i hope you have a blast!!
Ahhhh, that looks wonderful. I'm with you. I need to get away!!! Good idea on the cabin thing...I might have to research this idea.
Nothing like a getaway! I hope that you enjoy every minute!
Oh your weekend looks lovely! I am so jealous, but from the sounds of it, it is well deserved :) PS. I tagged you on my blog!!
Post a Comment