Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Q&A Part II

I was wondering where you shop? You always have the cutest clothes!!!!  Also, your brother-in-law (your husband's brother) is pretty cute! Any chance he's single? Ha! :) 


First of all, THANK YOU!  Your question made my day.  (About the clothes part.  I'll get to my brother-in-law later, but I have nothing to do with his cuteness so I can't exactly say thanks for that, now can I? :)  


I have to be honest, at this point in my life I am pretty cheap when it comes to clothes.  That's not to say that I don't shop (Jonathan would LOVE that solution!), but since I am staying home and hubby is in school, we are on a pretty tight budget.  


I would say that over half of my wardrobe has been purchased at Target.  At the rate I'm going, Target just might be my son's first word!  As much as I would love to buy better quality things at some point, Target allows me to get more for my money.  And, I have what my friend Meredith calls "A Target Body."  Their stuff just FITS me.  Every time.  Which is a blessing and a curse.  A blessing, because I can find clothes that fit me well and that fall into my budget.  A curse because I can take one look at something I love on the rack and know that it will fit me perfectly, and then into the cart it goes without a second thought!  (Because let's face it, if you see it in your size at Target, you better buy it right that second because it won't be there later!)  I occasionally swing by Old Navy as well.  Both of these stores allow me to embrace some trends without breaking the bank on something that won't be in style long-term (i.e. jeggings).  


If I am blessed with some money as a gift, I love Ann Taylor Loft.  They keep it classy with a punch of uniqueness or trend, which is how I enjoy dressing.  Their jeans are $70, which is pretty reasonable in this age of crazy designer denim. 


In my dream world I would frequent Anthropologie and Banana Republic, but that just isn't my reality at this point.  (And I love when magazines or television shows refer to those kinds of stores as "low end!"  Low end for me are those stores in the mall that are even cheaper than Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe.  You know, the ones that sell uber-trendy disposable clothes and have names like Young4Eva?)  Even when we have an income someday, I'm not sure I will ever be one to spend a lot of money on clothes.  If I can get the look for less, I would much rather spend my money on other things (travel, experiences, etc.)


Now, as for my brother-in-law, he is single indeed.  And probably the most eligible bachelor I know.  He has a thriving career, a fantastic sense of humor, and is a true Renaissance man.  I am so blessed that my brother-in-law is someone I would choose as a friend even if we weren't family (and in fact, we were friends before I ever met Jonathan!).  But part of that friendship means that I have vowed to never join the throng of people who are constantly attempting to hook him up with every single girl they know.  (I am pretty sure that he has at least one matchmaker attempt per week!)  I know that someday, if he so chooses, he will snag an incredible catch of a girl.  But I'm afraid that this post will not be ending with a link to his email address.  Sorry, ladies!  ;)


It will, however, end with a picture of three of my favorite guys...




(Uncle and Dad didn't waste any time introducing Riggs to his first sporting event.  Here they are watching the Thunder game in the hospital!  And this was in complete violation of visiting hours, but who can follow the rules when a playoff game is at stake?)

4 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

It has made my day that you answered my question!! I have to agree that Target is awesome! I have a few things from there, but not a lot. Since you always find such cute things I am going to start looking there more often. I also love Banana Republic and Anthropologie...I just have to hope for a great sale to shop there! I'm in pharmacy school right now, so I understand the tight budget. :) Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you shop at "normal" places...I was expecting you to say you had connections to some amazing boutiques. Haha!

I think it's wonderful you're such great friends with your brother-in-law. It gives me hope there are still great guys out there!

Thanks for answering my questions!!

Meredith said...

I am always so jealous of the things you find at Target. I'm very hit or miss--mostly miss. And yay for a Target body! I'm pretty sure they make clothes for people who are in perfect proportion so I mean it as a huge compliment!

So excited to see you next week! I'm starting to realize that seeing you guys just makes me want to see you more. Geesh, that sounds like something a stalker would say. :)

Christi said...

agree, agree, agree, on all three. I splurge once in a blue moon at the Loft. And yay for Target clothes. I only wish we had a Super Target here, not just a Greatland one. The baby clothes section is my danger zone. I have to purposefully avoid it. OL is awesome too. But I still cringe spending 12 dollars on a tank that cost like 30 cents to make, guh. With those stores it is possible to look cute and not spend a ton of money!

Savannah said...

i meant to tell you this in person, but i laughed at this post and it was what reminded me that we are so much alike.

1.i love that you shop at target. i too, love it irrationally
2. because i couldn't actually believe that you talked about your B.I.L. i, too, have wondered if jonathan's brother was single, but never dreamed to ask you so i was so surprised that you actually got asked that and actually answered. no this is not me asking anything about him, just more about me actually owning to you that i had wanted to know the answer to that question :)

can't wait to see you again.