Well, hello there! I'm enjoying a delicious rainy morning at home with my boys, which has been just what the doctor ordered after our wonderful (but exhausting!) week in Maine.
My mom is originally from that great state, and I am lucky enough to still have a whole crew of family members along the New England coast. Last weekend, my cousin Lindsay was married in Falmouth, Maine, and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to celebrate with the whole family! It was also the first time that Riggins had met that side of the clan; he enjoyed lots of introductions and lots of firsts!
Here are a few shots from the trip...
The three of us soaking up a beautiful sunset at the Lobster Shack at Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. I've been cracking claws there since I was a little girl!
Riggins splashed in the ocean for the first time and is a bonafide surfer dude...he loved the water and waves!
Riggins enjoyed his first boat ride when the whole group took a ferry out to Peaks Island for a lobster bake rehearsal dinner.
It was a perfect Maine night...cool breezes off of the water, clear skies, delicious lobster, and great company.
He passed on the lobster... (I, however, ate so much seafood that I was actually tired of it by the end of the trip. I had no idea that was even possible!)
We soaked up a perfect morning at the Portland Headlight, another spot that I've been enjoying since I was a wee little girl.
And, of course, my man and I enjoyed a lovely (baby free!) evening at Lindsay and Shaun's wedding. It was a gorgeous ceremony and a FUN reception. I'll just say that my family knows how to party, and that our entire crowd (including my 82 year-old grandmother!) was out on the dance floor from the first song to the last. It was an absolute blast.
In the days after the wedding, our crowd relaxed in the way we know best...hanging around the fire pit with Red Snapper (or "snappah") hot dogs and mussels.
It was a wonderful getaway with my boys, and another reminder of how much I thoroughly enjoy my extended family members. Maine is a pretty wonderful state, and I often found myself wondering why on earth we aren't moving there after optometry school. Then I just remember the winters, and the South sounds just fine to me! But come the end of summer in the South, an escape to Maine is a breath of fresh air.


11 comments:
I love the dress that you wore to the wedding! Pretty pictures. :)
Ahhh... looks like such a nice, refreshing family vacation! How fun. I'm actually heading to Port Elizabeth for a wedding next month. I can't wait!
Beautiful pictures. My favorite memory of Maine was finding out the McDonald's had lobster!
Love seeing this- Husband and I are talking about a trip to Maine next year for our 5th anniversary- I might ask you for details on where to go!
East coast is on our list of places to "do" soon--loved the pictures! You are beautiful, Les!
The pic of Riggins and the lobster cracked me up! How fun! I love the pic of you guys at the wedding--absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad you had fun!!
LOVE Maine! Go every summer and my brother is moving there next month - woot woot!
i've been reading your blog for a bit now but this is my first time to comment...now i'm DYING to go to maine! beautiful pictures!
i also had a question, i just had a baby at the end of may. i was reading your older entries each month for riggin's when he celebrated his monthly birthdays and i noticed at 3 months you had issues with the 45 minute nap intruder. ME TOO. ruth turns three months next week and these 45 min naps are killing me. WHAT DID YOU DO??
thanks so much!
oh and you can email me at marcywatt@gmail.com
I have missed you! :) Love the pictures--looked like a wonderful trip! Maine is one of those places we always talk about visiting but just don't know enough about. You'll have to convince us next time we're all together (hint: I imagine it won't be too hard). You look great and TAN--woohoo!
Little Riggins is so handsome!...and he's looking not so little anymore! And...um, yes you're making me miss New England terribly. And yes, August, September, and October are absolute perfection in New England!!
Your dress for the wedding was/is gorgeous!
Post a Comment