Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Fall Bucket List...Check!

Early this autumn, I noticed a fun little free printable of a Fall Bucket List from this blog.  The idea was that we have so many grand plans for what we want to do each season, but when we don't make a list and make some plans, the season ends and we are left with thoughts of, "Oh, I meant to do that!"  

I printed out the document and placed it in a frame I had on hand.  Little by little over the last few months, we have made our way through just about everything on the list and checked it off with a dry erase marker on the glass.  It was such a fun reminder to savor the season, and it made a cute little bit of decor as well!  



Here's what we did:
  • Apple Picking (Ok, I cheated on this one...by the time I got this printable, apple picking season was over in our area.  It ends on September 30th.  But my dad picked apples from his tree and brought them to us, so I counted that!  Sneaky sneaky.)
  • A Hay Ride was included in our pumpkin patch visit.
  • We had our Community Group from church over for a backyard bonfire party, complete with s'mores, cocoa, cider, and lots of candy corn.  It was such a fun night, and the kids especially loved it!
  • We made caramel apples as a family on the Sunday afternoon before Halloween.  They were SO yummy!  
  • Ok, I cheated on the Corn Maze.  We went to one last year.  And we had so much fun that I decided it could carry over to this year too :)
  • We went to a Pumpkin Patch, and came away with three pumpkins and some corn stalks.  Riggins had a ball!
  • We did go on two dates, but just went on the second last night so it wasn't checked off!  We went on an overnight trip to Mt. Magazine with dear friends, and last night we went out to dinner.  Jonathan's boards preparation put a damper on our dating life this fall, but we're back in business!
  • We made fall cookies.  A lot.  And ate them.  A lot.  
  • We took a nature walk at Shelby Forrest, and took lots of walks out at Shelby Farms and around the neighborhood.
  • We took Riggins trick-or-treating for the first time, and had a blast!
  • I baked pies for Thanksgiving, and a couple for Jonathan just because I'm sweet like that. ;)
  • We carved a pumpkin.  Riggins made some awesome faces when touching the squishy insides!
  • I drank lots of fancy Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes.
  • And we took a picnic lunch when we did our hike at Shelby Farms!  
Our little family made lots of great memories together this fall, and this list definitely helped us to make the most of it!  Maybe next year I'll get to the leaf art and taking pics in a leaf pile.  Every time I found a good pile of leaves and made a mental note to take Riggins back with the camera, it rained the next day! Wasn't meant to be, I guess!  

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that you actually did this!! I had it printed off and totally forgot about it.

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

Hey Leslie! I've nominated you for a little blogger award. You can "pick" up your award over at my page! Have a great evening!!