Thursday, March 29, 2012

Perfect Timing

On Tuesday, Riggins had a 103% fever and was diagnosed with a double ear infection.  $65 worth of antibiotics later...

This afternoon, Riggins woke up from his nap with both eyes completely crusted in yellow gunk.  A quick trip to Dr. Daddy at the pediatric eye clinic revealed bacterial conjunctivitis, a contagious infection that requires antibiotic drops three times a day.  (Sidenote: in my haste to get to the clinic before closing time, and before Riggins wiped away the evidence on his eyes, I didn't grab my camera and missed out on the cutest pictures of Riggs' first eye exam with his daddy!  Picture a cute little boy on his white-coated daddy's lap behind the slit lamp...adorable!)    

This evening, Jonathan came home complaining of body aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose, and general "I'm getting sick"-ness.  

This morning, my doctor's appointment revealed further progress toward delivery.  I left thinking that I was ready to get this show on the road.  Now, I'm thinking that this kid needs to wait until I don't have to keep all my boys quarantined from each other after delivery!  

Tonight, I'm resting in the truth that God's timing is perfect.  Ear infections, bacterial conjunctivitis, or flu.  Early delivery or late.  None of it is a surprise to Him.  May his perfect timing be carried out for this little family of mine.

Even still, prayers for a quick recovery for both of these boys are much appreciated!  It would be wonderful to have everyone in tip-top shape when Rhett arrives.  I'm ready to have all three of these boys in my arms at once!  And selfishly, pray that God will sustain my energy and compassion as I care for these guys.  It's hard to care for others at 39 weeks pregnant when you hardly have the energy to care for yourself!  


6 comments:

Candice said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Leslie. What a crazy week in your home! Take care of yourself, too. xo

Auburn said...

Oh Leslie, we're praying!!!

Kaitlin said...

No fun, Leslie! Prayers for your family as you prepare to welcome Rhett into this world!

Lori said...

Definitely praying for a quick recovery so you can all be rested and ready for baby Rhett!

Sarah said...

Praying that everything goes smoothly. God is probably just getting you ready for two boys :)

Angela said...

I hope everyone is feeling better by now. We brought Bridgette home to two older siblings with fevers and flu-symptoms. NO FUN. But Baby was fine. Praying yours will be, too!