Monday, July 16, 2012

A Funk, and an Attempt to Get Out of The Funk

You may or may not have noticed that I haven't blogged in over a month.  I could say that life with two kids in a new place is busy.  It is, but the fact remains that you make time for the things that you want to do.  Quite frankly, I just haven't wanted to blog.  But I want to want to blog.  So hopefully I can fuel my motivation by just getting started and hoping that the desire follows the habit.

Life is good.  It really is.  The anticipation of all the changes in our lives was much worse than the transition itself.  My level of contentment with the circumstances that were so different from what I had expected can only be explained by God's gracious softening and changing of my heart.  Did you know that when you ask God to change you, He can actually do it?  It's true!  You should try it sometime.  It's a trip.  I live in a tiny rent house in Oklahoma, and I'll be darned, I actually like it!

Reconnecting with old friends and spending time with family have eased the loss of our community in Memphis.  I am so blessed to have a set of in-laws who I actually want living ten minutes away, and gosh, have they been good to us.  Having family near to help with the children after two years of no such thing is an unbelievable blessing.  Even more so, Jonathan and I genuinely enjoy their company, and the friendship of my mother-in-law has been a balm to my soul during this time of change.

Riggins learned to nap at MDO.  Jonathan is enjoying learning the ropes at the practice and will be fully licensed to practice in the state of Oklahoma after sitting for the state board exam this weekend.  Rhett is the sweetest little peach of a baby and I can't stop kissing his cheeks.

There.  That wasn't so bad.  Maybe I like blogging after all ;)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, you're back! I have missed these little glimpses into the Poe life. :) Can't wait to hear more...

Mandi said...

So glad to hear that you're doing well and enjoying your life in Oklahoma. We miss you, of course! But nice to know you are surrounded with so many great people :)

Look forward to more updates!

Katie said...

Yay! Keep the updates coming!

Kiersten said...

Happy to hear from you! I've been wondering how you've been doing through all of these big transitions, and I'm glad to hear all is well!

emily said...

I miss my precious Poe family. Please tell sweet Riggs that Emmy says hi (and that I'd like him to do whatever else you need him to do at that time!). Hate that I was so close last weekend and missed seeing you guys, but I know it will happen soon. Love y'all tons!

Whitney said...

YES! You must keep updating so I can keep up with your little boys, and you of course!! :)