We had a great time trick-or-treating with friends last night and celebrating Rhett's first Halloween! I was just commenting to a friend that I think Halloween is one of the best perks of parenting. You get to dress up your kid however you like, laugh at their expense, use them as a lure to get candy, and then eat it after they go to bed! Of course, someday my boys will insist on plastic super hero costumes and will want to run around the neighborhood with their buddies and then refuse to share their Reeses pumpkins with me. So I'm having my fun while I can!
Warning: if you bring a donkey home, he will ruin your pansies...
Where's Riggins?
There he is! And that, my friends, was the end of wearing the giraffe hood.
This little costume was perfect for Rhett since I think his personality resembles a happy little Eeyore. Laid back, easy, quiet, sweet, and just happy to have someone look his way.
"Thanks for noticin' me..."
Got anything for me in there, Riggs?
Riggins got the hang of saying "trick-or-treat," but when I reminded him to say "thank you" at one house, he turned over his shoulder and yelled, "SEE YA!!!" I guess he's partial to the tricks....
Riggs made a few new friends on Halloween, chatting up a fake zombie sitting in a lawn chair in one driveway, and striking up a conversation with this scarecrow ("Hi, boy!").
Best shot of my little animals, and the only shot where they are both wearing their hoods!
Love my donkey baby.
The drive home is only about 8 minutes, but that was plenty of time for the little critter to call it a day.
It's always a strange moment in parenting when your kids start doing something that you remember doing. I always LOVED sorting through my Halloween candy and assessing the loot!
Hope you all had a wonderful evening of making memories with your family!








2 comments:
Great costumes!! Loved the pic of you and the little donkey. :)
So CUTE! I had the afterthought, "why did i get a super hero costume, and not some cuddly animal? this is probably the last yr I have total say in what he wears." Ah well. :)
Post a Comment