On to the living room! Once again, the pictures make the home look a bit more spacious than it actually is. The first few photos were taken with my back up against the front door. No entry way here; just walk right in to the madness! Of course, I snapped these shots just after cleaning the house, but on the average day you would walk into this room covered in toys. Enter at your own risk :)
As you can see, it is just one cozy living space with the family room opening right up to the dining area and kitchen.
Our halls are decked for Christmas, but otherwise the mirror is really the only decor aside from the items on the bookcase. I am starting to like the pared-down, simple aesthetic and I have a feeling I'll be getting rid of a lot of my decorative items once we get them out of storage. There really isn't anything that I miss other than some of our framed photos and art work.
I was originally worried about how we would fit a Christmas tree in this tiny space. Then I just decided to spit in the face of our little home and get a big ole tree anyway! The top is seriously one inch from the ceiling, and in person it looks like the tree is just bursting forth from the little corner we shoved it into. I just love having a real, big Christmas tree and decided to go for it despite our small space!
We moved the other chair out to the garage to accommodate the tree, so imagine a pair of chairs by the windows when it isn't the holidays.
I didn't get a photo facing the armoire, but just to the right of that piece is the hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom.
This is the wall just to the left of the archway into the kitchen. We're rocking the felt kiddie tree a la Pinterest (which Riggins is totally uninterested in!), and our display of Christmas cards (Which is much more impressive now than when this photo was taken. I think getting Christmas cards is one of my favorite things about this season!).
And here is the hallway back to the bedrooms. You can kind of see that there is one small closet on the left, and then two sets of cabinets and drawers, one on each side. We have totally maximized these spaces! The hall closet holds coats, bags, the vacuum, and the typical hall closet stuff. The cabinet and drawers on the left serve as the "pantry," "office," and "craft room." The cabinets and drawer on the left store linens.
That's it for living areas! On to the bedrooms and bath next!




5 comments:
I made a felt Christmas tree for Brendan and he is also completely uninterested! I started to make more detailed ornaments like yours, but stopped when I saw how little he cared about it... oh well, maybe next year.
Joe
You have a beautiful home, Leslie! I love it.
You've done a great job with your space-- so warm and homey! And I love the full size Christmas tree. Gorgeous!
Well, I finally found your blog once again and started catching up. You know, I've never seen the inside of your house. Looks like your house is about the same size as the house I grew up in. It's funny, because I never thought of my house as being small. I just remember everyone else's houses seeming very large. Perspective, perspective. Anyway, you have done a great job of making your house a home, a very loving home. Looks pretty awesome to me.
Big mirrors help make small spaces seem more open and roomy...hence the millions of mirrors in our home!! ;). Looks great!
Post a Comment