Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rhett is Eleven Months Old!


March 5, 2013

Dear Rhett,

How on earth are you almost one month old?  I know it is cliche but I'll say it anyway: this year has flown by and I can hardly believe that there is only one month left of your "babyhood."  What's funny is that when Riggins was this age I thought he was such a big boy.  You're growing each day, of course, but with your brother around as a point of reference, I still totally feel like you're my little bitty baby!  Watch out, buddy, because I'm pretty sure I'll still feel that way about you when you're 30.

You continue to be such a sweet joy, our little peach!  Your personality is just so endearing; calm, content, happy, and quick to smile.  Bucking all the baby timelines, you have yet to exhibit any separation anxiety.  You cheerfully go to all the ladies at church, BSF, or MDO and remain happy as a clam until I return.  Although you are a chill little guy, you have turned into a busy fella!  You are the speediest crawler and you cruise on the furniture, wreak havoc on the dog bowls, climb into the dishwasher, pull over the end tables, and climb onto your brother's bed.  Other new skills include waving, clapping, signing "all done" and "more," and playing "peekaboo" (which usually involved pressing your hands onto your eyes so hard that you smoosh up your face...hilarious!).

At eleven months you wear size 12 month clothing, 18 month pajamas, and 4 diapers.  You have eight teeth!  It's funny to think that you were once the guy who refused solid foods because now you are eating all table foods with the rest of us.  In the past month you have eaten beef bourgignon, roasted red pepper soup, and goat cheese quesadillas; quite the gourmand!  Favorites are bananas, pancakes, and crackers.  You still nurse at least three times a day but take a bottle of formula when you go to MDO.  Your sleep continues to improve; you go down around 6:30 and sleep til 5:30 before eating and then going back down for another hour or more.  I'm ready to figure out how to drop that 5:30 feeding but after the long road to getting you to sleep through the night I'm trying not to mess with you too much!  You sometimes take a morning nap, but you always nap in the afternoon with Riggins.  Your naps are typically only an hour and half, but you're so happy when you're awake that I can't fault you for sleeping less than I'd like!

Your big even this month was that daddy took you on a road trip with Mama Anne, Papa Tom, and Riggins.  The five of you drove down to Dallas where you met many of Mama Anne's extended family members, including Aunt Francille, Aunt Claudine, and cousins Sandy, Hal, and Ashley.  I was not able to join you due to work, but rumor has it that you were quite the hit!  They all agreed that you bear a strong resemblance to your Papa Todd.

When I think of you at eleven months, I want to remember your little diaper booty crawling speedily down the hallway of our little house; your proud grin as you bounce on your brother's bed after climbing up all by yourself; your scrunch-nosed smile that now reveals all of your cute little teeth; your chubby little clapping hands; your belly laugh when Daddy tickles you; your squeals of glee when Riggins does something funny.  You are such a treasure, Rhett, and we love you so much!

Love,
Momma

No comments: