Friday, April 26, 2013

A Party for Peaches

We celebrated Rhett's birthday with a little party for family and a few close family friends.  My in laws were so gracious to open their home for the gathering since our little rental is not very conducing to hosting parties!  Here are a few shots from Rhett's special day.  Come on in!

For an easy personalized wreath, I tied a big burlap ribbon bow onto a purchased grapevine wreath.  Tie on a letter and you're done!  I can either take the letter off or swap it out for a "P" and continue to use it.  I'm a big believer in buying party decorations that can be recycled.  Almost all of the decorations were things I already had or borrowed from my mother-in-law.  The lanterns were all recycled from Riggins' first birthday party, but I added the pops of red to make it new for Rhett.  The vintage linens were all Mama Dot's; aren't they fantastic?      


I served a light lunch of fruit, veggies, chicken salad croissants, bunco buns (baked ham and cheese sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls, for all you non-Southerners out there!), and chips.  (AKA, what can I buy at Sam's Club that is super easy to throw together?  I'm all about good food, but when you're hosting a party it's nice to keep the food simple and easy!)  


I was going for a bit of a farm stand theme for our little "Peaches."  


Tea and lemonade, or Arnold Palmers for those who know what's good for them.


A dear family friend made the dessert and smash cake for us.  She also made our wedding cake, so it's always special to have a Linda Curry cake in our family!

  
Speaking of dessert, since Rhett is our little "Peaches," I embraced the nickname and served peach cobbler for dessert.  It was topped with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla, of course!  Linda's peach cobbler is really like a deep dish pie; out of this world!  



Favors: Peach Rings and Peach Preserves!



Couldn't resist an opportunity to use the flag bunting I made for Riggins' first birthday party.  It was a bit different to use it in windy Oklahoma compared to Memphis where the air never seems to move!  


My ONE year old!


Grammy couldn't resist buying the adorable hat and bib!  That's what grandmothers are for!


My little crew.


Happy birthday, dear Rhettaroo!


The paparazzi watching Rhett enjoy his cake.


He was a big fan!  Unfortunately, that red icing stayed with him.  His little nose was stained red for a good 24 hours after the party!


Little naked bum on the way to the tub to wash off all that icing!


Basking in his birthday glory!  


It was a beautiful day with all of the people who love our sweet Rhett.  I was proud of myself for managing to hold back the tears until after the party.  Watching your baby grow up is so bittersweet!  

2 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

SUPER cute! Love all the great linens and little touches for your little peaches.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love all the peaches details! He is adorable!