Today I met my friend Mackenzie for a playdate at a local inflatables joint. The kids had a great time and the moms were able to catch up.
I didn't even notice the lone skee ball machine in the corner until I looked around to do a typical kid-count check and saw Riggins inside it. So of course I did what any good mother would do in a moment like this. I told him to hang tight while I grabbed my phone. Unfortunately, by the time I snapped the shot he had managed to dislodge his right foot from the hole where the balls go down. This pose isn't quite as epic as when I first discovered him practically folded in half inside a skee ball machine. And yes, he's still crying, but I assure you he was just fine and I think this picture was worth a few extra seconds before the rescue operation took place. It's just the kind of mom I am: laugh and grab the camera!
So if today you're feeling hard on yourself as a mother, just think, "Hey, at least my kid didn't get stuck in an arcade game today! I'm doing alright!"



No comments:
Post a Comment