- Our dear friends The Rimmers made the long trek from Oklahoma to Memphis, and they even brought Cuppies! Terry and Jonathan had both just finished finals, so there was lots of relaxing, lots of movie-watching, and lots of lounging around and talking. Of course, we did muster up the energy to make a trip to the Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma outlet where Jess and I scored some major steals. It was so refreshing to spend time with sweet friends.
- Jonathan and I made our way over the river and through the woods to a cozy little cabin in Beaver's Bend State Park. Jon kept the fire going, we gorged on cheese fondue and smores, took lots of hikes and naps, and did lots of reading. It was great to just be holed up together with nothing to do.
- In reference to the reading mentioned in the previous bullet, I have officially become addicted to the Twilight series. I wolfed down the first book in a day at the cabin, and started New Moon yesterday on the drive home from Oklahoma and have almost finished it. Now I know what all the fuss is about! I highly recommend it for some mindless yet fun and thrilling holiday reading. Now I can't wait to go see the movie!
- On Christmas Eve afternoon we made the trek up to Midwest City to spend Christmas with the Poes. We did lots of cooking and eating, lots of present-opening, a bit of shopping (Everything in Harolds is 70% off! Trouble!), and some friend-and-family visiting. I got to see one of my dearest friends, Christina, and her husband and little boy. 'Twas heaven.
- I was FINALLY able to make it to my new favorite place, Cuppies-and-Joe! Let me tell you, this spot deserves another post of its own. Aside from the fact that it is perfect for running into old friends from OBU (shout out to Denise, Cari, Mica, and Jamie!) I cannot even describe what deliciousness those Little Women whip up. I highly recommend The Don (italian cream cake), the orange brownie, the Neverland (peanut butter cupcake with chocolate ganache), and their coffee.
- Jonathan and I drove out to Shawnee to visit Carrie, Steph, Canaan and Ainsley (bearing a half-dozen Cuppies for good measure; as if they didn't already love me! Did I mention that Cuppies make a fabulous gift?) It was so good to see them, but it definitely drove home how much I miss those friendships.
We got home last night, and boy was it good to be back in our own little home. We won't get too settled, though, because its off to Fort Smith for New Years on Tuesday night! Let the fun continue!
4 comments:
Sounds like yall were busy :) Glad you had a great Christmas! Love all the good deals out there right now huh :)
Another Twilight fan!! Yay!! I am waiting for my 3rd book to arrive!
Horray for Twilight! :) I am telling you, it's addicting, huh? Such easy reading and mindlessly captivating!
Glad you had such a great break.
Aw, I wish we could have visited Cuppies and Joe at the same time! :( It was SOOO cute!
Glad your holiday was fun and friend-filled!
Post a Comment