
Why does Blogger not want me to post large pictures? I don't know. But if you get out your magnifying glass, you'll see where Jonathan is headed in March...Nicaragua!
When he was looking to change careers, one of the things that really drew him to the field of optometry was the opportunity to do medical missions and humanitarian work. We assumed that he would have to wait until after graduation to begin his involvement in that area, but thanks to an organization at SCO, he will be able to start now! This will give him the chance to practice what he is learning and to gain experience in planning these trips for when he's an actual O.D. They will be providing vision screenings and glasses for children; something we take for granted in the states but a huge need in other countries. Pretty awesome.
(Thought: Do you know how badly I wish I could be a fly on the wall watching my handsome husband in his hottie white coat loving on precious little Nicaraguan kids and helping them see???? Sigh....)
Jonathan and the other members of his team have been fundraising for the past semester to pay for their trip. Don't worry...I've been keeping those bake sales stocked! ;) They will each have to raise $1000 on their own, so please pray that Jonathan will be able to raise all of the support he needs to serve on this trip, and a possible second trip in May. And if any of you have a heart for missions and feel led to give, feel free to email me for more information! (lesliepoe@gmail.com)
5 comments:
what an awesome opportunity!
Leslie! I'm so glad you have a blog! I love exploring other blogs and see what everyone's up to! Thanks for the congrats! We are so excited about this blessing. I read that your husband is going to Nicaragua. That is awesome! We have gone twice to Honduras and are so sad that we can't go this summer. Not sad about the baby but sad we'll miss the people there. How is everything else with you? You look so happy! Hope all is well!
Hey, I just came across your site and am a fellow OBU grad. as well. My mom's pastor goes with a team to Nicaragua every year called Baptist Medical and Dental Mission International (I think that's right). Is this the same group your husband is going with? They usually collect used eyeglasses to take to the people. If he will be collecting glasses let me know and I can set out a box at church. A lot of people have old glasses laying around that are still good.
Chris's brother and his family live in Litchfield...what a small world. It is definitely scary and they are saying some people may not have power back until Christmas.
Well the best snow days are ones that you can actually go out and enjoy your day off! Be careful in that crazy winter weather down there!! :)
that is WONDERFUL!!! So happy for him!! i hope and pray he gets to his goal! That is an amazing opportunity!!
Post a Comment