Friday, December 19, 2008

A little slice of perfect...

This morning, when the alarm went off, I opened my eyes just a sliver and looked around. On my right, my peacefully sleeping husband. After three weeks of him waking up at 5 a.m. to study it was pretty nice to actually have him in bed. On my left, my adorable Puppa, sprawled out and taking up more than her fair share of the bed. To her advantage, she's pretty cute when she's sleeping, so I let her.

There we were. Just the three of us. Our little family. All snuggled up and warm. Just a little slice of perfect on this rainy Friday morning.

Now tell me...how is a girl supposed to get out of bed on a day like this!?!

Well, you weren't there to give me an answer, so I didn't.

I just laid there and soaked it up until the last possible second...8:05 a.m. to be exact. And I was out the door by 8:30. I might not be looking so hot on this last day of work before Christmas, but, man, was it worth it!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Mmmmm, can't wait for that to happen for us TOMORROW MORNING!!! Woo hoo! Sounds perfect.

Erin said...

Mmmmm, can't wait for that to happen for us TOMORROW MORNING!!! Woo hoo! Sounds perfect.

Pleasant Living said...

I LOVE it when we don't have to get up! Those are perfect mornings!