Weber is loving her first "real" snow. We got a bit a month ago, but it was nothing like this. She has been bounding around the back yard, kicking up snow, and digging her face into it. She can't get enough of it! Her weekend schedule has been to go outside, play for about 30 minutes, come inside, lay by the fire for about 30 minutes, and repeat! Too bad Jonathan took the camera to Nicaragua! (Here's a pic from last month's snow. Imagine another 5 inches on top of that!)
It has been such a blessing to have a snowy weekend alone; I've done lots of cleaning, lots of reading, a bit of cooking, a bit of napping, a little tivo watching. Just what I needed. The past week left me pretty exhausted to the point where I started getting sick, so this was just what the doctor ordered.Now...to address a very important issue that I saw on the news this morning:
On the Today Show, I was informed of a marriage proposal gone wrong. Boy wants to propose to girl. Boy wants to propose immediately. Boy decides the fastest method of proposal must involve fast food (let's not jump to conclusions, Boy!). Boy takes girl to Wendy's. Boy invites friends. Boy buys girl a Frosty. Boy hides ring in Frosty. Girl eats Frosty. Boy and Friends wait for Girl to feel the ring in her mouth through the ice creamy goodness. Girl never does.
Oops.
Boy tells girl what happened. Girl goes to hospital. Girl gets x-ray. Boy and Girl see the ring floating in Girl's tummy. Girl "passed" the ring. Boy proposes for real. They will get married and live happily ever after.
Now the entire time Boy and Girl are being interviewed, all parties seem as though the big problem is the fact that Girl swallowed the ring. But let's talk about the bigger problems, shall we?
Bigger Problem #1: At what point did Boy think it a good idea to propose in a fast food restaurant? The restaurant had no significance to the relationship whatsoever. Most girls I know would rather be proposed to a day or two later, leaving Boy more time to plan a simple yet romantic proposal, than to be rushed off to the nearest kentucky-fried-chicken-and-a-pizza-hut for the sake of timeliness.
Bigger Problem #2: At what point did Boy think it was a good idea to put the ring in a frozen dessert? (I won't even start with the fact that Wendy's has gotten a bad wrap for unidentified objects floating in their products in recent days! Hate to think of Girl's reaction had she actually found the ring.) I've never really understood the ring-in-food bit. Even if Girl finds it, how does she clean it up before putting it on her finger? Suck on it for a minute? Swish it in her water glass? Any option I can think of seems pretty anticlimactic. Quite the mood killer.
Oh, and did I mention that Boy had challenged Girl to an eating contest with one of the friends? Yeah, so not only is there a ring in the frosty, but she has to wolf it down as fast as she can in order to find it. No wonder she didn't find the ring! She was heating humongous bites at the speed of sound in order to win an eating contest! Classy...
In conclusion, I'm sure Girl thinks that Boy is the bee's knees and that she wouldn't have had her proposal go any other way. Love is blind like that. And perhaps she adores Wendy's and frosties are her favorite food. I dunno. But to any gentlemen out there who have yet to propose to your lady, please, please contact me if you are ever to the point that a fast food restaurant sounds like the best place to pop the question. You are going to have to tell this story for the rest of your life, so wouldn't it be best if it didn't have to start with: "So, I took her to Arbys and ordered a Jamocha shake..."
3 comments:
I totally agreee about the whole proposal thing. It doesn't get much more redneck than that.
oh my gosh whata crazy story!!!
ok that story is hilarious and you telling it is even better ;)hehehe
Post a Comment