Warning: The pictures you are about to see are in no way representative of the actual awesomeness that was my Hubby's 30th Birthday Fiesta. But I promised pictures, and pictures you will get.
How about we all just pretend that I am pioneering a new form of Impressionistic, Monet-esque photography? Okay? Okay.
In the kitchen, the buffet (Just picture it full of enchiladas, rice, black beans, salad, and that big orange and white tray full of those bacon jalepeno thingies I told you to go make).
Confession: the red and white fabric on the table and "bar" were the curtains in our first house. Oh, how I love creative repurposing!
The bar...the bucket contains iced sprarkling water and sweet tea, and was later filled with Mexican beers contributed by a few guests. In your imagination, add a big frosty pitcher of watermelon-mint margaritas right there in the middle...
Hee hee. It is outside my realm of self-control to resist a good cheesy pun. Especially at Birthday Boy's expense.
And the only photos of hostess and Birthday Boy. And by far the worst photos of the evening. No, I am not pregnant...it is just a pooch-inducing dress.
What's wrong, Birthday Boy? Don't like key lime tart? Get too close to the candles? Overwhelmed with angst over this milestone of aging?


It was at this point that I realized that I have yet to turn 30. And that Birthday Boy is keeping mental record of every old man joke I have made for the past month. And that when my 30th comes around, he will not hesitate to return the favor.
This is when I got real sweet and stopped teasing the Birthday Boy. And started telling him that he has never looked so muscular, fit, and generally young and handsome.
So there you have it...the 30th Fiesta! Wish you could have joined us!
4 comments:
Looks awesome, love that cheesy pun too! lol
Wow, good job! What a feast!
I love it all! Great job! Your tart turned out looking fantastic!
So Awesome. You are the New and improved Martha. Way to go Poe.
Post a Comment