Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Hunger Games


This book is keeping me up at night. Anything that can make this fatigued pregnant woman stay up until 12:30, completely unable to turn out the light or restrain myself from just one more chapter, is worth recommending.
I might have been just a smidge late to work this morning because I woke up and decided to read one more chapter before getting up.
Which turned into four chapters. Oops.
Granted, it is Young Adult literature. And it does take place in the future. And it is just a bit weird.
But trust me, you will be hooked.
(And the best part...it has nothing to do with childbirth, breastfeeding, sleep training, vaccinations, or anything related to babies whatsoever! It was time for some good ole fiction after all the parenting reading I've been doing, and this book was just the ticket!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

ha. when i was counseling, my clients(middle school age!) were all reading this book in one of their classes, so I always got the DL on this thing and might I add, it sounded SO weird, but everyone LOVED it! Glad you do! Excited to see you Saturday!!!!!