
The "Honest Scrap Award" comes with a caveat or two. First, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award. Third, let all the people you've given the award to know they've gotten in (comment on their blogs or something). And, finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.
Here's hoping that I don't repeat myself from a previous post!
1) Between my Air Force upbringing and the crazy events of the first 5 1/2 years of marriage, I have moved a lot. This means that I am really good at packing and unpacking. That skill was glaringly apparent this week when my coworkers and I moved into our offices in the brand new University Center (and lemme tell ya, the new digs are sweet!). Before the movers had even finished delivering our department's boxes, mine were unpacked, pictures frames arranged, bookcase organized, bulletin board dotted with pictures and mementos, and candy dish filled on the conference table. Everyone who popped their head in my new office looked at me like I was a psycho. But if you've lived a lifetime of moving every couple of years or so, you realize the importance of making things homey fast. You never know how long you'll get to enjoy it!
2) I only wash my hair two or three times a week. Go ahead. Make your disgusted face. But give it a try and I promise it will change your life! Now you may be thinking, "That's nice and all, but my hair is way too oily to ever pull that off!" Not so fast. You actually have to train your hair to do this and it will adjust over time. Trust me. Wash and fix it one day, wear it again the next, add a little bit of hair powder and half-up or ponytail do on day three, and then if you can handle one more day work that ponytail again! Now that I'm in this routine I get so annoyed when it is a wash and fix day...I just can't be bothered!
3) My family's nickname for me is Pooh. Variations on the theme include Princess Poopoolie and Poosie-doodle. Contrary to what you might expect, this nickname was derived from Winnie the Pooh and not my childhood bowel functioning, thank you very much. If you hang out around me with my parents for any length of time, you'll probably hear it a time or two.
4) Speaking of nicknames...my maiden name is Horn and my married name is Poe. You understand why I didn't hyphenate. Another intricacy of this name combination is the fact that if you rearrange the letters of the names you get "porn" and "hoe." Awesome. So if you're hanging out with my college girlfriends and hear me called "Porn Hoe," it is simply because of the names, not because of any earned reputation.
Note: I have sufficiently provided you with ample ammunition for embarassing me in a variety of social situations. Please take this privilege seriously. If you yell "Pooh" or "Porn Hoe" across a crowded room, do not be offended if I pretend we have never met.
5) I really love being pregnant. I told Jonathan the other day that if I love motherhood as much as I love pregnancy we might just end up as the next Duggar family. I'm being dramatic, of course, but still, it is such a blessing to have been able to enjoy this process and all of its ups and downs. I know that not all women get to enjoy pregnancy, so I am very thankful!
6) Related to #5, I actually don't mind when people touch my pregnant belly. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. Unless, of course, that person is creepy. In which case I am kind of up a creek, because you can't exactly let everyone touch your belly and then when that one person who weirds you out makes an attempt say, "Ummm...except for you." For example, when the sorority girls were fussing over the belly and some crazy kicking recently it didn't bother me a bit, but when one of the fraternity men (who regularly pushes boundaries anyway) walked up and put his hand on my belly, I wanted to punch him. So basically if you are a female or a male that I actually know, pat away! But if you are a dude that I don't know, hands off.
7) I am a selective neat-freak. My office: always pristine. My car: almost always a dump. My house: fluctuates from perfection to chaos in a matter of hours, and then back again just as fast.
8) My favorite breakfast that I eat almost every day is some variation on fruit, plain yogurt, a drizzle of honey, and something crunchy (Kashi Go-Lean, chopped nuts, etc.). I never get tired of it.
9) I cannot stand seeing a grown person (on tv, in person, or myself) with a top on but no bottoms. Think Risky Business. If I am dressing, the bottoms must always be on before the top, and vice versa. Here's the deal: if someone is not wearing bottoms, all I can think of is a little kid waiting for a diaper change with nothing but a top on. And then I get a mental picture of a grown adult getting a diaper change. And then I get the heebyjeebies. Yes, I realize that what I just disclosed to you is completely irrational; yes, I am embarassed that my mind even works that way. Nevertheless, please don't come near me in an oversized t-shirt and mini-shorts.
10) To date, I have 1,417 Facebook friends. I am often paranoid that people will notice this number and think I am some sort of pitiful Facebook junkie. Unfortunately, this is just what happens when you have spent the past five years working with college students. Here's the deal: college students may meet you once--scratch that--college students might see you across the student union once, and they will send you a friend request. And if you work with college students, you don't always recognize every name or face, so when you get a friend request from any student at the university, you feel an obligation to accept. We student affairs administrators already give students enough reasons to get mad at us...we really don't need friend request denial added to the list. And honestly, we actually use Facebook for work a lot. So there you go...my lame attempt at justifying my ungodly number of friends. I'm really not a loser. I'm promise.
I'm supposed to tag other people to do this, but in keeping with the tradition of my lazy blogging I'm going to skip it! Such a rebel...
4 comments:
I learned that hair washing thing from you! I'm just an every other day-er though, working towards more. It's true, your hair can be trained!
I'm so glad your pregnancy is going so smoothly. I’m sure you will love motherhood and want babies everywhere, haha. Recently I’ve been thinking about how much I want another child, soon. I was even thinking of blogging about it cause I wondered if anyone else felt the same so soon after having a baby.
Years ago I heard a mom ask a second time pregnant lady what she liked more, the pregnancy or the newborn. I didn't understand for the life of me why some one would not like the newborn stage as much as being pregnant. I mean are they even comparable? Even after having a child I still don't understand that question. I guess some just really really like being pregnant. It's great being pregnant but holding that child outside the womb is better, right? I don’t know. To each his..errr..her own. =) (longest comment ever)
Congrats on the award! Pooh as a nickname, that's kind of cute and different that's for sure.
Oh Leslie, you are too funny! And I have to agree with you about liking being pregnant. I really did enjoy it (up until now...it is a BIT uncomfortable), and overall I had a lot of good experiences with it. I know it isn't the same for everyone, and every pregnancy is different. Glad you are enjoying this special time!!
love this post. made me smile. excellent work. and cannot wait til next weekend!!! i want to come see the nursery soon!
Post a Comment