I did it again.
That's right, folks. Psycho, "WHERE'S MY BABY!?!" mama returns.
We are back at home, and Riggs is across the hall in his nursery. Weber typically sleeps on the foot of our bed with us (Yeah, yeah...swore I'd never have a dog sleeping in our bed, but she is really snuggly and warm and I love it. So there.)
In the middle of the night, Weber hopped off the end of the bed.
Cue sleepy psycho mother brain.
At the speed of light, I jumped out of the bed, sprinted to the end of the bed, and began frantically searching the floor for my baby while once again yelling, "WHERE'S THE BABY!?!" over and over again.
Because, you know, three and a half month-old babies can turn horizontal and perform consecutive rolls across the full length of a queen size bed. Of course, all that is after he escaped his own crib, crossed the hall, and climbed into bed with us.
Once again, Jonathan sits up and with an annoyed and firm voice says, "Leslie. He is in his crib. In the nursery."
Suddenly, the sane, awake mama is back and fully cognizant of the fact that the thump of Weber jumping off the bed had been mistaken for the thump of a baby falling off the end of the bed. All I could do was laugh.
The next morning, Jonathan told me he had never seen me move so fast.
No one can accuse me of being void of motherly instincts.
Let's just hope they kick in when it actually matters.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that's hilarious!..now, but i'm sure scary at the time.
That is too funny...and kind of scary all at once! Glad to hear it was just Weber giving you the fright! ;)
This is amazing.... because I thought I was the only person this happened to!!! ALL THE TIME (aka- multiple times per night) I would jerk awake and frantically pat around on the bed for the baby or grab like I was trying to catch her as she fell off the bed! Half the time it was my imagination, and the rest of the time, it was the cat! I'm so glad I'm not alone! :D
I can so relate!
A few months ago when we were sitting on a park bench and Jude was in his stroller, I heard the scuffling of dog claws behind me, and I jumped up Matrix style and practically laid on top of the stroller to protect Jude. Brett said he's never seen anyone move so fast!! It's amazing how those instincts kick in! I looked back and it was a tiny, yapping dog. :)
While my concerns have not been vocalized in bed yet- I have had several of these panic moments where I move my hand around the sheet searching for Heath worrying that maybe I rolled on him or he rolled off the bed. Granted he only eats with me in bed on occasion so this shouldn't be a regular fear- yet my mind does a 0-10 crazy panic until I realize he has been sleeping for 8 hours in his own crib all night and hasn't even been in bed with me for 3 days... oh the joys!
I am voting you Mommy of the Year, instincts and all.... like a cat! Love your stories! :O)
Post a Comment