Thursday, August 26, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes

One year ago today, I woke up with a sore chest.

I stumbled to the bathroom.

I took that last pregnancy test from the 3-pack box.

I caught a glimpse of a line.

I watched my own face in the mirror as my jaw dropped.

I stared.

I smiled.

I laughed.

I said, out loud, "It's a boy.  It's Riggins."

I knew even then.  

I kept a secret from my husband.

But not from two best friends.  

I spent the day in a blissful haze.

I bought a little statue.

I wrapped a little present.

I told my husband that he was going to be a Daddy.

We did a little dance in the hallway.  

And we fell in love with a little baby we didn't even know.

And one year later, I have to say

He was definitely worth all the excitement.  

7 comments:

Erin said...

Such a good year. :) Sweet boy!

Caroline said...

Beautiful post! He's such a cutie!

Meredith said...

How precious!!!

mckenziegordon said...

That's a pretty great year! He's so precious!!!

Meredith said...

I cannot believe it's been a year. One of my favorite Leslie/Meredith memories. :)

I hope you have that picture framed somewhere--it is perfect.

Love you!

beckylbranch said...

They grow up so quickly! I can't believe mine is already about to be 6 months! I love this picture of him...soooo cute :)

Brie said...

How cute! Isn't being a mommy the best thing ever!?!? Congrats to you!