Anyone remember Jeff Foxworthy's "Things Rednecks Say?"
"Ustacould" was one of my favorites.
As I was cleaning out my Gmail account last night, I came across many a comment notification email that prompted me to do some walking down the memory lane of this blog.
And I realized that I ustacould blog really well. About a lot of different things.
And now my posts are few, far between, and almost all about this baby of mine.
Now he is pretty spectacular and all, but I am under no new-mom delusions that you all share my fascination with this beautiful genius of a child. ;)
And I also know that one of my goals as a mom is to not be that mom.
You know, the one who has no life but her child?
I've been working really hard to avoid that plight, staying connected to things that are important to me, getting a sitter and getting out of the house, etc. And I think it is time that I applied that concept to my blog as well.
So bear with me, but I'm going to work really hard to get my blogging mojo back, to explore stories and topics that aren't always related to mothering, to go beyond the monthly update.
Have no fear, there will be plenty of that too. But it's time to branch out again...
And that is all. I guess I just needed the accountability of actually writing that little moment of self-awareness on here for all the world to see.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll read your blog no matter what you post about. And if every post surrounded the sweetness that is your boy I would not complain! But you definitely have to post pics :)
I'd still read if it was all about Riggins, too! ;) I know what you mean, though. Was just thinking recently that I should try to write about things other than my glorious child...even though that IS what most of my day is about. Gotta find that balance. If you ever totally figure it out, please let me know...!!! ;)
Just so you know, your blog is one of the several that I read that actually makes me WANT to have a baby. I read some blogs and I'm like "Wow...SO don't want to have a baby".
But every time I read yours, and especially the ones where you write like a letter to Riggs, it makes me thing "You know, I think I really do want kids". :) The letters to Riggs even made me tear up a little.
I have the same goal :) It's tough when you are surrounded by cuteness to talk about anything else.
Post a Comment