Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to accompany this post, but I just had to share this fun idea with you!
Now that I'm a mom, I've been attending our local MOPS chapter meetings. MOPS stands for Mothers of Pre-Schoolers. This deceptive title always led me to believe that my child had to be in pre-school to attend, but really it is for mothers of children who are not yet in kindergarten. It sounds hokey, but it has honestly been a wonderful opportunity for me to make new friends, get advice, and get Riggs some hang time with other babies in the nursery. If you are a mother to young kids, I highly recommend finding a chapter in your area!
Twice a semester, we have socials for the moms only. Last night was our first social, and we held a Soup Swap.
Friends, it was brilliant. You MUST do this with your group of girlfriends!
Each girl made a huge batch of her favorite soup and brought six labeled, quart-sized containers of it to the party. At the party, we had appetizers, desserts, and drinks and had ample time to chit chat. You can only imagine the din of a house full of women without their kids. Pretty sure it was a dull roar the entire night! We were chatty!
Eventually we all gathered in the living room and drew numbers out of a bowl. We went around the room introducing ourselves and telling about the soup we brought. Then, each woman took her turn (in order by number) going to the Table O' Soup and choosing a container to take home. We did this in six rounds until all of the soup was gone from the table and each woman had six containers of soup.
Now my freezer is stocked with six containers of homemade soup--Split Pea, Tomato, Chili, Chicken Enchilada, Taco, and Baked Potato--just ready to thaw and warm on a cold fall or winter evening!
It was such a fun way to get quality time friends, and you can't beat the "party favors!" We might even do a Casserole Swap after the holidays!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That's such a cute idea!
what a cute idea! I think I will try it!
what a GREAT idea!!! that sounds like so much fun!
michelle
That is such a great idea! We LOVE soups and if i don't have to cook them...that's even better. Thanks for sharing the idea!
What a great idea! Love it!
Such a fun idea! I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great idea! I would love to have 6 different soups sitting in my freezer right now.
Oh man, what a good idea! Fellowship with the gals (sans baby) AND not having to cook for six meals after the swap--I'm in!!
Oh I like that a lot. And I am very jealous of this group. I might have to steal a child so I can go.
This is SUCH a fun idea! I'm going to have to introduce this to our group...i think they'll love it.
Thanks for the idea! We did it last night w/ all the staff wives from church. It was great and a huge success. I think we're going to do a Casserole Swap next month!
Post a Comment