Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February Showers Bring April Flowers

One of my greatest joys in life is hosting a party, and it's even more fun when you're celebrating the upcoming arrival of a precious baby girl!  I've got a great little group of friends whose husbands are all in optometry school with Jonathan.  One of them is expecting a girl, Brooklyn, this April, so we had a small little gathering to celebrate.  Come on in!  

Diaper wreath on the front door.  To make, simply buy a wire wreath form at Hobby Lobby ($2.50, and slip diapers around it, securing with a piece of ribbon.  Finish with a fun bow!  

The centerpiece for the shower was also part of my gift.  Inspired by my friend Erin , I made a bunch of felt flower hair clips.  Then I secured them to branches for a blossoming tree look.  

(To make, Google "felt flower tutorials" for ideas on the flowers.  Then simply spray paint some branches and a flower pot, anchor the branches with some dried beans or florist foam, cover the base in fabric, and use ribbon tie the clips to the branches)




The shower was in the afternoon, so we went with sweets...chocolate fondue with the works for dipping!  


We had unseasonably warm weather this weekend, and my poor camellia bush got confused...luckily it was just in time for the party!  


The adorable mama-to-be, Joy!



Sweet friends celebrating a sweet baby!  

5 comments:

Erin said...

What a cute, sweet shower! I really am going to steal that bow/tree idea next time I'm in charge of hosting a baby girl shower. So cute!

Katie said...

Leslie, this is great!! What a fun shower! I love the wreath idea and I'm with Erin--that bow/tree idea will definitely be stolen next time I host a baby girl shower (if Erin will volunteer to make the bows ... mine always look a little "off")! :)

Meredith said...

I love the branch idea-how creative! Looks like you guys had a great time and I want chocolate fondue RIGHT NOW.

Sarah Hudson said...

What a great idea! You're so creative!

Kaitlin said...

So cute! That tree/hair clip idea was so creative!