The primary reason for our trip to Dallas was a monumental family celebration. Jonathan's great aunts,
Claudine and Francille, are turning 97 and 95 respectively. That, my friends, calls for a party!
Francille Riggins Seymour and Claudine Riggins Morgan
These two ladies are phenomenal. They both still live independently and drive themselves to their various church and civic activities (Claudine just renewed her driver's license for another five years!). They are sharp as tacks; Francille tell you our entire family history from memory and Claudine can tell you all about her readings on stem cell research. Even though I am not related by blood, I am praying that I have somehow married into these genes!
Francille and Claudine are MamaDot's (Jonathan's grandmother) sisters. You may remember that we named Riggins after her. As you can imagine, these ladies are awfully proud to have their maiden name carried on, and I know MamaDot would be too.
But on to the party! We celebrated with a luncheon at the Dallas Doubletree Hotel. Riggins was able to meet many family members for the first time. Of course, there was bound to be a fuss over the newest member of the family. But when that new family member's name is Riggins and it is a Riggins family reunion, you've got a little celebrity on your hands! I was truly able to enjoy the party because Riggs was getting passed around the entire time.
Chatting with Aunt Francille. Meeting Uncle Drew for the first time.
Many of the Riggins grandchildren
Riggs and Rig, the only other first name Riggins in the family.
Our little family.
I think I like birthday parties!
Riggins was such a trooper. I was sweating it because his entire routine had been thrown to the wind. Other than a few good squawks during the prayer, he was an angel! Towards the end of the party, all the fun caught up to him. No tears or fighting it...when he got into cousin Mary Anne's arms, he just couldn't keep his eyes open any more!
Going....going......
Gone.
He perked up in time for the "after party" at Claudine's house, and even got in some quality time with the birthday girl herself!
I am so thankful to have married in to an amazing family with such a rich heritage!







6 comments:
Riggins looks adorable sucking his thumb! So sweet!
Time seriously flies b/c I can't believe that sweet little boy is almost a year! He's absolutely darling, love all of these pics and the ones Mere took!
Great pictures! I love big family events and it's so cool that Riggins was such a celebrity at this event!
What a sweet experience for everyone! I love the pictures!
It looks like it was such a special occasion for your family! And how fun that Riggins has so many namesakes!
Far too fresh and pretty, huh? I'll try to tone it down a bit. ;)
Post a Comment