Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oops, I Did It Again

Remember how on Monday I went to the grocery store, forgot my wallet, and had to have a friend come bail me out?  

Yeah.  Well.

Guess who went to the grocery store today, gathered her items, waited in line, and went to grab her Kroger card out of her wallet and realized, yet again, that she had left it in her other bag?  

Not me, of course.  

No, only a total moron would grocery shop without a wallet twice in one week.  

It was the same story.  Went to the splash park yesterday, swapped my wallet to our pool bag, and forgot to replace it.  What makes it particularly sad this time is that before leaving the house I took particular care to pack extra wipes, diapers, and snacks because my diaper bag stash had been running low.  You would think I would remember the most important part, and that I would double-check after Monday's fiasco, but that's what a person with a brain would do, and I most definitely don't have one of those.  

This time I didn't bother to call anyone for help.  I just laughed, apologized to the cashier for leaving him with a cart full of groceries, and bolted.  I called Jonathan, who is slightly frightened by my gradual loss of sanity, and had a good time making fun of myself.  Because really...twice in one week?  What else can you do but laugh?  

(And for the record, Memphians: the new Kroger on Mendenhall is my dream come true.)

This afternoon, my child screamed through his nap time and never fell asleep.  I realized I am totally out of sugar and I'm supposed to take a dessert to Bunko tonight.  I left my laundry in the wash too long and it smelled funny so I had to run it again.  My house is a wreck.  My child's face is scratched from nose to forehead due to a bad brawl with the sidewalk.  
And I am sitting here blogging while he watches Praise Baby.  

Just putting it all out there just in case any of you thought I had it all together!  ;)  


4 comments:

Lori said...

Loved it! Glad I'm not the only one who has to reattach her head at times :-)

Kiersten said...

Oh no, sounds like a rough day! TGIF, huh? I think we can all relate to those not-at-all-together kind of days. Thanks for sharing!

BillandCristin said...

Yes... This sounds like my life right now! Love knowing it's not just me. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Life and Times . . . said...

You sound like me. Insanity must come with the motherhood package.