August 5, 2012
Dear Rhett,
Rhetters, Rhettaroo, Rhettaroo-boo. Those are just a few of the little nicknames we tend to call you in our best schmoopy-woopy baby talk voices. But there is one nickname that you've earned, much to your Daddy's chagrin, and that's Peaches. I just can't help myself! You are sweet, round, and soft with a nice layer of fuzz, and I just can't help but call 'em like I see 'em! You are a little peach of a baby and we just adore you!
At four months old, you weigh 15 pounds 10 ounces (50th percentile) and are 27 3/4 inches long (97th percentile!). You're a tall drink of water like your big brother, but you've got a bit more chub to go with it. You wear a size two diaper and are in mostly 6 month clothing. That long torso and those long legs have you outgrowing clothes before I can even get to them! You nurse about every three hours during the day and once or twice at night.
We are in that awkward four-month no-man's-land of sleep habits where your naps tend to end abruptly at 30-45 minutes long. You also tend to have lots of frustrating awakenings in the night where you aren't necessarily hungry but you can't quite get yourself back to sleep. I know that these things will improve with time so I am trying to take them in stride without establishing any bad habits. On a positive note, you fall asleep very easily on your own. It's just the falling back asleep after awaking early (and grumpy) that is the struggle right now.
You continue to be an exceptionally happy, laid back little guy who has a smile for everyone you meet. People constantly comment on how good you are; you really only cry if you are tired, but then you're easy to put down so even that doesn't last very long! You are generous with your smiles and have also found your little voice, even giving out little happy squeals (but no real giggle yet!). Your favorite syllable seems to be "Oooh," which is accompanied by the most adorable little fishy face.
At four months old, you enjoy being carried in the Ergo, going for walks in the stroller, standing on our laps, sitting in the Bumbo (especially if you're getting to watch your brother doing something!), being read to, taking a bath, your taggie blanket, and being outside. You're also starting to like tummy time a bit more! You went on your first swim this month and although you cried a bit when you first got in the water, you enjoyed it once I held you close. The only thing you really don't seem to like is having your nails trimmed; no mani/pedis for this dude!
Those blue eyes of yours could light up a room. That precious smile of yours brings joy beyond description. The way you snuggle your face into my shoulder when you're sleepy melts my heart. I love you, Rhett, and I am so proud that you're mine.
Love,

1 comment:
Peaches, that's precious!
Post a Comment