Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back from Hiatus

Apparently I have been on a blogging hiatus and I didn't even realize it!  You know how it goes...life happens, a week goes by without blogging, and next thing you know you get out of the habit and you don't even feel like it anymore.  I did the obligatory nine month letter for Rhett, but other than that I guess I've been content to do a lot more living and a lot less writing.  But I do love to write on this silly little blog, so here's hoping I can get back in the groove!  

Perhaps I shall dust off the ole' blog with a little hodge podge of what we've been up to.  Of course there was Christmas...

Rhett was not a fan of the big guy.  

Christmas this year was a bit odd.  Jonathan's grandmother passed away the Friday before Christmas which had him driving to Texas for a funeral while I headed to Arkansas as planned with the boys.  My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came from Las Vegas, and we just couldn't miss this chance to have my entire family together.  After the funeral, poor Jonathan drove from Texas, home to Oklahoma to change cars, and on to Arkansas just to spend one day with my family before we headed back to Oklahoma to celebrate with his family.  We were all weary from either taking care of funeral arrangements or traveling with small children, and then his brother got very sick on Christmas Day, and Jonathan headed back to work the day after Christmas!  It was all a bit of a blur, really, but we did manage to make some memories on Rhett's first Christmas!

Riggins arriving on the stoop of my parents' home after the drive.  This shot is just magical to me!  

Our little family on Christmas Eve after church.  Going to church on Christmas Eve is a holiday must for me!  


 Christmas Morning.  Riggins got a Brio train set for Christmas and was so enamored with one of his many new engines that he couldn't even look up for a photo!  But look at my rosy-cheeked Rhettaroo...is he a doll baby or what???


After Christmas, we celebrated the wedding of my dear friend Megan and rang in the New Year with the Rimmers.  We also enjoyed Rhett's first snow and transitioned Riggins into a big boy bed (that's a whole other post!).  


Helping Daddy put his new bed together.  

Jonathan's practice has been booming with the end of the year rush; everyone needs to use up their flex spending and insurance money by the year's end, and it definitely shows on the schedule books!  The rush has continued into the new year and the other day the practice set a record for the most patients seen in one day in the history of the practice!  I think Jonathan said he saw 26 patients that day.  Crazy!  I love seeing him thrive in this new career and even though he comes home exhausted from the mental demand of seeing so many patients, he is coming home fulfilled by his work.  So proud of him!  

Now we're dealing with the winter sickies.  Rhett is recovering from a double ear infection and Riggins just came home from BSF with a 102.6 fever.  Fun times.  Oh!  And I'm teaching a class at my alma mater this semester that starts next week.  So basically, life is full and good but I feel as though I am constantly moving from the start of the day until the finish.  This little blog crosses my mind in the midst of the chaos and yet it just never makes it to the top of my list of things to do!  Hoping to be better about making time to record the musings of in this noggin of mine, but I figured it was time to just bite the bullet and writhe SOMETHING, you know?  So there you have it! :) 



3 comments:

Meredith said...

You are so right--the picture of Riggs outside the door is absolutely perfect. :) Blow that bad boy up. I have definitely missed your blogging but I am so glad you're doing fun/meaningful things instead.

Lori said...

Welcome back! Always good to take a break to enjoy life:)

Erin said...

Wow, what a busy holiday season! So glad to hear J feels fulfilled in his work--that's a big thing. Can't wait to hear more from the Poe fam, especially the big boy bed adventures! (He is a BIG boy already?! Whaaaaat!?)