Monday, March 2, 2009

News from Nicaragua

Just got my first email from Jonathan and thought bloggyland might enjoy an update!

Hey baby!

Just got back from a hike to the cross that sits on a hill looking over the city...and got some ice cream afterwards. A tough hike, but a great view.

Today has been great, started with some pancakes, then a group bible study, then church with the locals (in Spanish only)...I shared a Spanish hymnal with a mother and daughter, it was some beautiful singing. Had a good lunch at a restaurant and then did vision screening for the church members...

I had a very cool moment, diagnosed my first ocular disorder! Google "pterygium" and "correctopia", pterygium is not terribly rare, but correctopia is really rare (it's a pupil that is at the bottom of the iris). I was using a light to examine a woman's eye and I was like...oh my gosh, i've seen this in my textbook! I told a 2nd year that I thought they had pterygium, and sure enough, i was right. I don't know, just a cool feeling to be practicing what I study for.

I'm off to dinner, love you and miss you!

Love,
Jonathan


Thanks to all of you who have supported Jonathan's trip financially and through your prayers! I'll keep you posted as I get more updates.

3 comments:

Shan said...

you guys are too cute. I'd have to pay Drew to e-mail me if he was on a trip! Ha!
So I totally had to google that frosty store. I was like NO WAY!!! But I typed in ladie swallows engagement ring/today show (something like that). Guess what popped up??? Well 1st some nasty porn site, 2nd the today show and 3rd Walking in Memphis Blog!! Hello! You are at the top of google!! GO GIRL!! ;)

Tristan said...

Wow. What a hubby!!! Glad he's having such a blessed trip!

Katie said...

Love the update!!

I use Clinique Touch Tint For Eyes in Gold Glimmer. To keep it long-lasting, I first use a sheer pink Covergirl eyeshadow underneath. I love it--glitzy but not trashy. :)