Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mission: Unaccomplished

Jonathan never reads my blog.

But apparently he got a tip.

And he read it.

Boo.

Note to self: never publish potential pranks to blog. Only post funny story post-prank.

I decided to attempt the scare anyway. Nothing is better than a good prank, except a good prank that someone knew about in advance and was still scared by. So I went for the ole' snake in the sheets bit.

He found the snake.

But what he didn't know is that I had more than one snake, and had selected just one for the sheets. The rest were stuffed into my work bag (I managed to borrow a lovely selection of rubber snakes from one of our sororities who had them on hand from a haunted house philanthropy; those Greeks come in handy!). He grabbed the snake out of the sheets, laughed at me, and proceeded to taunt the dog with it. Not wanting to return a dog-bitten rubber snake to the sorority house, I told him to stick it in my work bag.

He unzipped my bag.

And JUMPED!

"Now THAT scared me!" he said. No one expects a purse full of snakes, I guess.

Hee hee.

I suppose no one expects to see one in the toilet bowl when they lift the lid either, but we'll confirm that one when he gets home from work today...

No one ever said it's April 1st Fools. Just April Fools. Which in my book means the prank goes on!

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Funny girl! Love your blog!=)

Meredith said...

HA! I love the multiple snakes, great idea. :)