
I seriously saw a Facebook status update today in which the swine flu pre-pandemic was blamed on terrorists.
In the words of my favorite SNL comedian, Seth Myers...
"REALLY???? Really. Really? Really."
I could go on, but you do not want to hear my commentary on the ridiculousness of blaming every negative thing in this world on terrorists. Seriously, people. Let's brush up on those critical thinking skills, alrighty?
In somewhat related news, there is a chance that Jonathan's upcoming trip to Belarus will be cancelled due to the (miniscule) risk of swine flu. I can't imagine many Belarusians are vacationing in Cancun, but who am I to judge? Selfishly, I wouldn't mind if he had to stay home, just because I kinda like having the guy around. But I also know that he is incredibly excited about this trip and will be very disappointed if it falls through. Darn swine flu.
And one last little variation on the theme: apparently the pork farmers of America have requested that we no longer call the "swine flu" the "swine flu." Bad for business. In their honor, I hereby declare that we should all eat bacon every day until the swine flu is wiped from the face of this earth.
Now who's coming with me!?!
5 comments:
stupid. for sure.
lol..
I'd come with you, because I love bacon, but I feel like my arteries, belly, and scale would protest quite violently if I ate it every day! Haha. Because he's excited, I hope your husband's trip doesn't get canceled and that all is safe in Belarus. But for your sake I hope the time he's gone goes by quickly for you so it feels like he was never gone and that when he returns you can spend plenty of quality time together!
It is getting a bit ridiculous, but kind of scary at the same time. Hopefully it will be a thing of the past sooner than later!
As for the parenting, unfortunately, it was one couple. Sad. Very sad!
I'm in. I heard you can't get it from eating pork products...it's just in the air. Who knows anymore with the media and it being terrorist (ha).
One night this week, we ate both bacon and sausage at dinner. We ain't skeered.
Post a Comment