I was sick of my busy background, so I changed it. Not quite sure what my new header and look will be, but for now I'm just going with clean, fresh, plain.
It is raining. And from the sound of friends and family across the south, you would think it is raining from here to Timbuktu. I like rain. Refreshing. Relaxing. Providing a marvelous excuse to do nothing but sit inside and enjoy the coziness of home. (Or maybe my house is tiny and that's why it feels so cozy? I'll blame it on the rain. Yeah. Yeah.)
I have nothing going on this weekend. Nothing. I cannot remember the last weekend that was not filled with work or some other obligation. It is time to clean. It is time to pack up the things of winter and bring out the things of summer. It is time to shake off the clutter that comes with a semester of living life from one meeting or event to the next. Seasons are an opportunity, a reminder to change. To renew.
My one appointment for the weekend? A date to the mall with my friend Aston. I have my eyes on the prize: white pants. Jeans? Trousers? Straight leg? Wide leg? All to be determined. But one thing is certain: white pants in the summer are fresh.
Coming soon: Ode to My Husband, Second-Year Optometry Student.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment