Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another bad blogging week for me. My apologies. This calls for a bulleted list!
  • I have been volunteering at the Farmers' Market for the past three weekends and am even more in love with it now than I was before. Meeting new people, selecting the best produce (when you get there at 6 a.m. to set up, you get the best of the best!), getting deals from the farmers, and starting my Saturday off with some energizing time outdoors doing something I love.
  • Speaking of produce, our backyard blackberries are finally ripening! I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder collecting berries in the yard with my little basket. All I need now is a sunbonnet.
  • We got new windows on our house yesterday! They are beautiful and much more energy efficient. Our former windows were from the 1940s and though they had character they definitely made for a drafty house. This is one of the perks of renting: nice new features that we aren't paying for!
  • One of my Resident Assistants from OBU, Dayla, passed through town and spent the night with us. It was such a treat to see a familiar face and to catch up on all the latest from Oklahoma.
  • Tonight I am having dinner with one of my close friends from my Baylor days, Anna. She is from Jackson, so we are meeting halfway between Memphis and Jackson for dinner. It has been way too long since I've seen her and I can't wait to chat the night away!
  • Greek Recruitment preparations are in full force! Orientation sessions, Gamma Chi meetings, summer recruitment events, and registering potential new members are getting us all excited for the official Greek Recruitment in the Fall.
  • I have been joining some friends for their church's study of Esther, the latest from Beth Moore. This is my first Beth Moore study and I am really loving it! Confession: for some reason I always assumed that Beth Moore studies were cheesy and fluffy. I stand corrected!
  • Jonathan is less than a week away from finishing his summer pharmacology course. It has been a beast, and I am so glad for him to have a break from studying until classes begin in the Fall.

That's about it! Heading home for Father's Day and my Dad's birthday this weekend, so I'll catch you on the flip side.

4 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE the Esther study! She is surprisingly deep, I agree. It was my favorite study by far!

Yay for the Farmer's Market!! Mmmm!!

Unknown said...

beth moore's are like the only non chessy/fluffy women's bible studies!

Jennifer said...

Friendly notice, because I decided to make everyone's life difficult, I changed my web address. You'll need to delete my old address (http://lifewiththecissells.blogspot.com/) and add my new one (http://maybeitwasmtown.blogspot.com/) in your dashboard.

Sorry!

Julie Caroline said...

Wow. You are busy busy! Love that you're volunteering at the farmer's market. Where would I be in the world without my little Martha Stewart friend?