Wednesday, June 10, 2009

He's BACK!

My Newsie.

He is back.

After almost a month of absence, he has returned.

I almost didn't notice since he was there, once again, with his hat and his glasses and his plaid shirt. Like he had never been away.

As soon as he caught my eye, I smiled a full, excited smile and waved a real wave; not one of those steering-wheel-and-coffee-in-hand half waves.

Got nothing.

No smile or wave in return. But that's ok.

My newsie is back.

On another note...my apologies for the scarce posts these days. Honestly, I have either been working or enjoying the beauty and bounty of early summer. News to come: Weber in trouble, blackberries growing in the back yard, volunteering at the Farmer's Market, summer concerts in the park, and more!

2 comments:

Angela W said...

I had a newsie once. He looked kinda like a skinny santa claus. I gave him a Pennzoil hat (this was when I was working for the motorsports marketing company and we had zillions of Pennzoil hats).

Then every time I would see him he would bring me paper, and I could never turn him down, LOL! I had probably 10 papers in my back seat at any given time. Plus I never had change, so I always gave him a dollar. He made good money off of me for a while. Ha!

Pleasant Living said...

Glad to see you posting again. A hiatus is a necessity sometimes!