Sunday, January 31, 2010

Iced-In To-Do List

  • Pre-storm trip to Sherwin-Williams and Home Depot for essentials...check
  • Sand armoire...check
  • Remove blades and shades from pitiful old fan...check
  • Spray paint fan blades...check
  • Re-hang fan blades and replace shades with new frosted glass pretties...check
  • Make Pioneer Woman's Linuine with Clam Sauce...realize that you can't run out for white wine in an ice storm...substitue Coors Light...ashamedly admit that it was still darn good...check
  • Figure out how to move 7 ft. armoire from back porch to nursery with only one man and a pregnant chick...check (For those who are curious, never underestimate the beauty of dragging a massive piece of furniture along the floor on an old comforter!)
  • Prime armoire...check
  • Sew top layer of a quilt for Baby...check
  • Sew two taggie blankets for Baby...check
  • Thank lucky stars for half-price sale at Hancock Fabrics on New Years Day...check
  • Paint armoire...Round 1...check
  • Clip recipes from 2 years worth of magazines...check
  • Assemble crib...check
  • Paint armoire...Round 2...check
  • Realize that the paint on the crib and armoire are just this much different...check
  • Decide that this much different is fine...check
  • Bake Pioneer Woman's French Breakfast Puffs...mmm....oohhhh...um, I mean...check
  • Decide that this much different will nag our souls forever if we don't fix it...check
  • Post-storm trip to Home Depot for hardware and Sherwin Williams for new paint...check
  • Take cabin-fevered dog for a walk...check
  • Paint armoire...Round 3...in progress
  • Make Pioneer Woman's Comfort Meatballs...on deck
  • Clean house...in consideration
  • Laundry...to be determined

I'd say we made the best of Ice Storm 2010, wouldn't you? Pictures to come!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

ha. that's fantastic! my friend Christine is sort of obsessed with Pioneer Woman. sounds like i might need to jump on the bandwagon. can't wait to see all the pictures!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I can't wait to see it all. All of those recipes have my stomach growling.

danielle said...

very productive. i joined you in cutting recipes out of a million magazines. and i am making the french breakfast puffs tonight.. gotta try them out before craig takes them to a staff breakfast right? :)

Kaitlin said...

So much progress!! His little room is sure to be cute :) The recipes sound amazing, I think I need those breakfast puffs now!

Erin said...

I think it is safe to say that you are in your glorious 2nd trimester where a bit of the energy magically returns (although, with all those tasks checked off the list, I bet you are still wiped!). Way to go by making the most of the break! I can't wait to see the baby room.

Emma Krueger said...

What a fun post. And trust me it wont slow down one bit once your little boy arrives. Made PW comfort meatballs several weeks ago and they are mmm mmm good!

Whitney said...

Sounds like a super productive snow storm! Good job, lady! :) Can't wait to see pictures. I know everything will be beautiful.

TLF said...

Gotta love Memphis ice storms!

Angela W said...

Oh my goodness. I absolutely died LAUGHING at the fact that you substituted Coors Ligh for white wine. That is hilarious!!! :)