You know our girl Sara Blakely, the genius inventor of Spanx? Well, out of the goodness of her little heart she has created a line called "Assets," a lower cost option that sells for around $16 at Target.
When I arrived in Colorado for my grandfather's funeral a few weeks ago, all I had was a suitcase of ski resort wear. Motherhood Maternity supplied a decent black dress, but I needed some tights for that cold mountain air. I ventured to Target's assessories section, since I can still manage to stretch my pre-pregnancy tights over my belly quite successfully. And that's when I saw these beauties...

AKA: Cheap Spanx for Preggos! They have tights, hose, footless tights, and the traditional mid-thigh Spanx-like product.

Girls, these suckers are a dream! They have just enough elasticity in the thighs and butt to give you a bit of help where you need it, and then the waistband...OH, the waistband! No squeezing, no pulling, no stretching. Just gentle support that cradles your belly with a slightly firmer band of elastic underneath.
These. Are. Awesome.
So if you're expecting and enjoy the occasional maternity dress or skirt, run out to Target and getcha some! And if you're not pregnant, then enjoy the regular old Assets at Target as well! Your butt (and anyone who walks behind you) will thank you.
7 comments:
Wow! There is an entirely different fashion world out there, isn't there?
I'm so excited to hear this. I've been wanting to try Spanx ever since I saw them on QVC, but they were a little out of my price range. Thanks Sara and Target :)
i had some preggo spanx and LOVED them :) they were so much more comfy than regular ones but still worked so well!
These are super cute, I'll have to keep them in mind when my time comes.
I have been wearing the Asset tops for several years now I really like them alot. I think that they are very affordable and they really last.
hmm.. I think you sold me. I will have to stop by and pick up a pair!
Thanks Les! The regular Assets sound like just the thing for my current post-baby body :)
Post a Comment