Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'd Take a Bullet For You

  • I have never been so thankful for a three-day weekend in my entire life. After returning home from my whirlwind trip to Colorado, I was pooped. This weekend was spent in an exhausted haze, and I'm pretty sure I experienced my first bouts of pregnancy horomone-induced weepiness. Luckily, I got that out of my system with some good R&R on Saturday and Sunday, and by Monday I was ready to be productive.

  • Speaking of productive, we are having to do some major nesting in order to rearrange our home for Baby Boy. The guest room/study will become the nursery, which means cleaning out one large piece of furniture, the hidden underbelly of a queen size bed, and then the living room cabinet and closet that must now house the things that formerly lived in the guest room. Whew! I am proud to say that in one day of "work for an hour, veg for an hour" we were able to knock out everything but the living room closet. Progress! This weekend Jonathan will paint the nursery while I tackle the closet and transform it into Jonathan's new "office in a closet."

  • Between Christmas Break, New Mexico, and Colorado, I have worked three days in the past month. When you do that, you return to your office and find 150+ emails waiting for you. And then it takes the entire day to hack through them. And then you cry.

  • I polished off several fantastic books over the past few weeks, one of which was Molly Wizenberg's debut, A Homemade Life. Stories about food and recipes. My cup of tea. I have enjoyed Molly's writing via Orangette and Bon Appetit for a few years now, so I couldn't wait to get my sticky fingers on this one. It did not disappoint, and neither did her Banana Bread with Chocolate and Crystallized Ginger which I whipped up last night. Highly recommend. For more on my latest reads, check the list at right.

  • This warmer weather is such a relief. Stay and play awhile, please.

  • I'm going to be an aunt! My brother and his wife just announced that they are expecting in late August or early September, so Baby Boy is going to have a cousin just a few months apart in age. Won't that be fun? Needless to say, the grandparents are beside themselves.

  • That is all. I promise a real post very soon. Thanks for being patient with me during my little funk over the past few weeks...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt! I love the office in the closet, I've been wanting to do that for a while. Pictures please, I want to see how it turns out. Can't wait to see the nursery.

Melissa said...

so fun about your brother! i can't wait for amy and nathan to get started :)

The Linders said...

Hang in there, you can do it! Just remember that you're growing a PERSON and give yourself a break. So excited about your brother's news! Having kids close in age has been such a blessing for my sis and me. Can't wait to see nursery progress!