(So despite my whole, "I'm going to write about things other than my kid" post, he DID just turn four months old, so that does require another letter! I'll get around to the other stuff one of these days!)
August 29, 2010
Dear Riggins,
Another month has come and gone, holding just as much joy, growth, and fun as the last! This age has proven to be a sweet mix of snuggly babyhood combined with a maturing personality that blooms more and more each day.
The biggest development of this month has been your little voice! You have always been a chill, laid back little guy, but these days you spend your play time chatting up a storm. While that means lots of sweet coos and baby babble, it has also meant lots of high pitched squeals, screeches, and deep grunts. We have divided your noises into three categories: pterodactyl, fighting cats, and gladiator. The first two are commonly heard while playing on your back, while the gladiator roar is reserved for tummy time. It is so fun to wake up to you just chatting away in your crib, waiting for someone to come get you. And, oh, the reward of that smile when we finally do!!!
You learned how to roll over from tummy to back this month! In one play session, you rolled over six times in a row. And then you refused to do it again for a good two weeks. It was as though you said, "Got that checked off the list! Been there, done that, no need to repeat." I'm sure you'll pick up the frequency in the coming months!
You are quick to smile, even from across the room, and never meet a stranger. Peekaboo, "dancing" as we move your arms and legs to music, and standing on our laps are favorite pastimes (when we do any of these things, your jaw drops into a wide-mouthed grin that is just the yummiest thing ever!). You also enjoy taking walks in your stroller and hanging out in your Bumbo, your play gym, your Jumperoo, or on a good ole' blanket on the floor. You notice Weber now, and love to follow her around the room with your eyes or reach out to touch her when she lays next to you on the floor. You've got a mean grasp and love to explore your toys and my hair. I now understand why so many mothers chop their hair off! :)
You still eat every 3 hours or so, nap about 3 times per day, and sleep from about 7 to 6 a.m. with a feeding at 11. You weigh 13.5 pounds (20%) and are 25 inches long (70%), so still one long and lean kiddo! You are wearing size 1 diapers during the day and size 2 at night and wear both 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothing, depending on the outfit (always up a size in footy sleepers since you are SO long!).
This month brought your first trip to Oklahoma, your first swim, your first wedding, and the first time we got called to the church nursery during the service (bless your heart, you were just tired and REALLY needed a nap, but just cried instead!). You got to meet lots of new people, including our Oklahoma family and friends, my dear friend Kenan and her daughter, and most recently our close friends the Russells from Austin. Not to mention all of my U of M students who flock to you any time we are on campus! You're a big hit with all the sorority ladies...already a flirt!
Lately I have been overwhelmed by the privilege of getting to stay home with you. I know this choice isn't for every mother, but I have certainly been counting my blessings as I cherish all of the sweet moments that come from being with you each day. You're my little buddy and I can't imagine it any other way.
I love you, baby boy...
(a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap)
Momma



11 comments:
Sweet boy. Look at that smile!! So cute! Love the letters
I can't believe the difference in our two boys size! You have a tiny little guy comparatively. (Tucker is 2 weeks older and weighs 17.8 lbs and is only 3/4 an in longer) I love reading these updates and hearing how he's growing and getting smarter. Keep 'em coming!
Precious baby boy with a smile to die for. So sweet. You're doing a great job, Leslie!
Definitely understand your need to blog about things other than baby, but I love reading about and seeing pictures of Riggins! He's just so cute!
Oh he is just a little love muffin! What a beautiful little baby boy. :)
Leslie,
I love your letters to Riggs. So sweet to read your reflections. Also, the song you quoted at the end is one of my favorite childhood memories. My parents would always sing it to me. I'm glad you reminded me of it!
Carrie
I don't know how anyone could look at those sweet pictures and NOT smile. He is absolutely adorable!!
Happy 4 months, Riggs!! What a cutie! And I loved your last post. You ARE a terrific blogger no matter what you blog about but I am SO PROUD of you for being one of the coolest moms I know. :)
Of course you want to blog about him... look at him! He's so adorable! How could anyone not want to write about him? :)
These pictures are ADORABLE!!
He is so Adorable!!!
Post a Comment