Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Poser


When I was in junior high and high school, I babysat from time to time.  Neighborhood kids, friends from church, the usual.  I always remember thinking that the parents of these children were, well...adults.  Grown-ups.  Far older than me, at least.

On Monday, one of the girls from the university came over to babysit for Riggins.  I left a list of emergency information on the fridge, then had her arrive 15 minutes before I needed to leave in order to show her around, get her acquainted with Riggs, and give some additional instructions.

As I drove away, I realized that I had failed to specify that he takes his feeding after his nap.

And then it hit me.

I'm the adult.  The grown-up.  The person old enough to give instructions for the care of her child to a college sophomore looking to make a few bucks.

When did that happen!?!

Let's hope no one figures out that I'm just that same junior high babysitter posing as a mama who has a clue!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

The picture of that sweet baby boy are always so cute. I enjoy reading your blog very much; you are a great writer! Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know about this, in case you don't already. Your sweet baby boy can be signed up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. He will receive a free hardback book in the mail every month until age 5. I have a full set donated to my classroom, and they are wonderful. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

keely said...

I feel the same way. It's usually that I feel like a high schooler, not jr. high, but yeah. I'm with you. It's insane that we're IN CHARGE of human beings!

Erin said...

Seriously! I sometimes wonder when 'they' are going to realize I am just winging this day by day! ;)