So I might as well show them to you, right? I love decorating for Christmas, but I really procrastinate when it comes to un-decorating! A few years ago we had a live tree sitting in our living room until mid-January. Let's just say that my vacuum got a workout once that sad thing finally made its way out to the trash can! My goal is to get everything packed up by the end of the week. Until then, it's never too late for some photos of the holiday decor, right? (Actually, I take that back. It would be kind of weird for me to post them in May or something.)
Here is the Master Suite. Which is actually not a suite at all. Just another bedroom! But isn't it more glamorous to call something a suite? I think so.
I must say that the fireplace in our bedroom is my favorite thing about our home.
I scored these Pottery Barn bay leaf wreaths and garlands for a steal at our local PB outlet last year.
Here's the little tree in the nursery. Riggins' ornaments are little boy toys: cars, wagons, robots, teddy bears, and a rocking horse.
The living room mantle. I learned a really great trick a few years ago: instead of just a dinky garland, twist several garlands together to make one full, lush garland. Then tuck in ornaments, pinecones, and other doodads for interest. This garland went from a few wimpy Big Lots garlands to a beautiful Pottery Barn-esque statement. Can you tell I love hanging wreaths over mirrors?
This new addition came from Goodwill for $1.50! Gotta love Mr. Crosby!
Even the door to the potty deserves to have a little fun at Christmas!
I found this small child for under the tree at Garden Ridge for $11.95. I think he adds a touch of whimsy to the overall look.
I kid, I kid. He actually cost way more than that, but I try to avoid talking money on the ole' blog.
Oh look! Here's the little critter again, topping the tree!
Our favorite German Shorthaired Pointer enjoying the tree. Except she calls it a tannenbaum.
Because she's German like that.
It is impossible to take photos of a Christmas tree. Ours is bedecked in brown, bronze, gold, and green with a sort of woodland birds and pinecones theme (using the word theme makes me cringe, but what else can I call it?).
Jonathan says the birds are old lady and calls me Mildred throughout the Christmas season. I say they are vintage and Anthro-ish. Weber says it is stupid to make a tree of birds in a house with a bird dog. Riggs says he doesn't know any different but he loves his momma so whatever she likes is awesome (Gosh, once he actually learns to talk for himself I am totally up a creek!)
Jonathan says the birds are old lady and calls me Mildred throughout the Christmas season. I say they are vintage and Anthro-ish. Weber says it is stupid to make a tree of birds in a house with a bird dog. Riggs says he doesn't know any different but he loves his momma so whatever she likes is awesome (Gosh, once he actually learns to talk for himself I am totally up a creek!)
And, yes, the tree has a slight lean to it. By the time we noticed it was already decorated and we were too afraid to attempt repositioning a tree covered in breakable ornaments!
Fresh pine, holly, and pinecones atop the armoire.
Fresh pine, holly, and pinecones atop the armoire.
So there you have it! And the first one of you to show up on my doorstep to take it all down for me gets a prize! (A hint: it may or may not be all of the Christmas candy that followed us home from Oklahoma and Arkansas)






6 comments:
Beautiful! Might just steal your garland trick next year...!
Love it! And that garland trick sounds quite handy!
Gorgeous tree! And, totally jealous of the fireplace in your bedroom!
I love your garland... I'll have to try that trick next year! And your tree is beautiful. I think birds are a perfectly good Christmas "theme." : )
love the garland! and what a cute baby!
Yay for themed Christmas trees! Just embrace it. Ryan and I may or may not have had a "moment" in the Hobby Lobby aisle our first married Christmas when discussing whether to buy white or colored lights for the tree. Let's just say that colored lights didn't fit the theme! =)
Post a Comment