Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts on a Snowy Morning

In light of the blizzard that the majority of my friends and family "out West" have experienced over the past week, it seems just a bit silly to mention that we have snow on the ground in Memphis today.  I suppose it's the fact that we missed "Snowmageddon 2011" in Oklahoma that allows me to be excited about our little dusting.  Nothing like a morning nap time spent looking out the back window over a cup of decaf and an open Bible.

We had a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl last night.  I ate my weight in jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.  I have no regrets.  Those were washed down with chili, Yuengling, and key lime bars.  The Super Bowl for me is literal...I have a super time filling my bowl with naughty food.  

This morning, I washed the twin sized comforter that we sometimes add to our bed in cold weather.  Fresh out of the dryer, I carried it to the bed only to find a certain pointer sprawled out over the covers.  In a moment of benevolence, I opted against shooing her off the bed and rather laid the warm, fresh, heavy blanket right on top of her, with only her little wet snout poking out of the edge.  She sighed.  One hour later, she hadn't moved a muscle.  

Jonathan came home at lunch after a quick trip to the store.  Decked in stocking cap and dusted with snow, he shuffled into the house with a bag of milk, bananas, and--poking out of the top--twenty perfect pink tulips.  What a fresh, beautiful sight on a cold winter's day!  

If it hadn't been for those tulips, I think I would have opted to trade places with Weber for the day.  But now that it's nap time again, perhaps I should go crazy and opt for both the tulips and a nap under a clean, warm comforter?  


5 comments:

Kiersten said...

Sounds like a wonderful snow day! We had snow on Friday, too, and it was great to stay in and enjoy some downtime.

Erin said...

A lovely snow day, indeed. Hope you grabbed a nap!

Katie said...

Perfect! Lovely, indeed.

Christi said...

ooo, love those jala's, so good. Today sounds like a nice little day worth remembering.

Katie said...

Oh, and can I make a special request for a blog post? I have a Valentine's Party I'm attending on Saturday and I'm supposed to bring finger foods. I absolutely love your stuffed jalapenos, so I was wondering if you had any other hors d'oeuvres that you recommend or recipes that you'd like to share? Maybe? By Friday? :)