Y'all...he's DONE! Boards are OVER!
Hip Hip HOORAY!!!
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. Jonathan was so peaceful and calm the day before and the morning of the exam. He even took the day before the exam to just relax and enjoy some family time, giving his brain a break before the big marathon. He feels as though he did his absolute best and could not have done anything different to prepare, although I don't think anyone walks out of a 500 question exam saying, "I nailed it!"
But now, our family celebration banner is hanging on the mantle, our victory dance has been performed, and we are relaxing in the knowledge that he is finished with studying (until finals week, which really won't be that bad!). We even just returned from a lovely date thanks to my in-laws who are in town. Nothing like a spring evening on the patio of Central BBQ with a Shiner Bock to celebrate, relax, and reconnect with my man!
So...what's next? He will take finals in May and then begin his fourth and final year of optometry school. Fourth year is made up of three externships, where he will be basically working as an optometrist without getting paid. He will be at a private practice in Mississippi this summer, at the VA Hospital next fall, and back at the optometry school clinic in the spring. He will also take Part II of boards in November (a case study application-based exam), and Part III of boards in January (a clinical exam where he flies to Charlotte and actually sees a patient while being video taped and scored). Then, in May 2012, he graduates!
The end is in sight, folks!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Way to go! I know that's a relief! YAY!
Awesome! I can just hear the sigh of relief in this post...nice. Congrats to both of you for making it through this crazy time :)
Congratulations!!
Congratulations! Enjoy your R&R!
Way to go, Poes!! That is awesome. I so wish Russell's program would allow him to at least take part of his boards before the fourth year residency/internships. Probably would retain a lot more that way. Ah well. The end is in sight for us, friend. We can do it! And I love it that you made a celebratory sign and got to go on a date. Much deserved. :)
The end is in sight. Indeed it is. There's a lot in SIGHT for your little family.
WAHOOOOOO!!!!
Congratulations to Jonathan and to you! I know it can be almost as hard on the spouse as the student. Yeah for almost being done...I have to admit I'm a little jealous ;)
Congratulations!! That's got to feel good, for all of you :)
YEA!!!!
I've been meaning to leave a comment forever...so glad the first part is over! Y'all make the perfect team and it's encouraging to see how supportive you are...sometimes I need a little reminder to be more supportive and help in the such small ways that really mean so much!
Post a Comment