Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet Spring

I used to say that Autumn was my favorite season, but three years of living in Memphis have made me fall in love with Spring.  You just haven't lived until you've seen Sam Cooper draped in wisteria, Rhodes  College in bloom, yards on fire with forsythia, and my own breathtaking dogwood.  

This year we were blessed with an extra-long blooming time on the dogwood--just over two weeks!--that overlapped with the blooming of our white azaleas.  This hasn't happened since we've lived here.  Typically the dogwood poops out just before the azaleas burst forth.  It was an extra gift of Spring to have our whole yard snowy white with blooms!  (This picture just doesn't do it justice!)


Of course, we haven't wasted any time in teaching Riggins an essential skill of boyhood: climbing trees.  What says "spring" more than a sweet little gingham-clad boy in a blooming dogwood tree?  


We have taken advantage of the gorgeous weather and are spending tons of time outdoors.  Riggins has been practicing his walking skills with his new push toy in the back yard.  


He pauses every so often to give a little gun show.  :)  


 The beach is that way, ladies....

8 comments:

keely said...

Oh, Riggins. The eyes, the cheeks, the lips...not to mention the guns! :) So lovely.

Erin said...

Ooh, pretty house and yard! And...what a manly little man you have there! ;) So cute.

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a gorgeous yard! I just love Spring.

Erin said...

Also, you've inspired me to add a reading list to my blog as a form of accountability. I have GOT to turn off the reality TV (sometimes...) and pick up a book. My excuse is that I don't want to spend my precious time reading new books that might disappoint in the end...but then I realized I was doing the same thing only with reality TV. ;) Anyway, you've inspired me! :)

Kaitlin said...

Your house looks gorgeous!! Riggins does have some pretty mean looking guns :)

danielle said...

so jealous of your BEAUTIFUL yard. love love love it.

Katie said...

A beautiful home and a handsome little man. You are blessed, my friend!! I love these pics.

Whitney said...

Your home looks gorgeous!! :) I love it. And of course, Riggs is cuter than ever. Precious little boy!