It's nap time at our house.
So far, I have laid on the couch, perusing the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living that Frank the mailman so kindly delivered yesterday morning. My reading was interrupted by a brief little cat nap, after which I submitted to the magnetic pull of the dulce de leche cheesecake bars that currently reside in my refrigerator. Between bites, I did a quick scroll through Facebook, Google Reader, and my email. And here I am, one hour later, writing this post.
What you should really know, however, is that the dishwasher needs unloading, a round of laundry needs starting, a suitcase needs unpacking (Yes. Still there. Still full. Don't look at me like that!), a living room needs tidying, and a master bedroom needs major cleaning.
And so, dear reader, I bring you a great debate of parenting. Do you sleep/rest/veg when the baby does, or do you use that time to do all the things you really should be doing? Or a little of both? Do tell.
Here's a daily dose of cuteness in exchange for your participation:

10 comments:
Omg he is so cute.
I want to shout "TAKE A NAP!!!" from the rooftops, but who am I kidding. Naptime/rest time is my only "me time"... And it usually gets spent blogging, catching up on DVR, or (tragically) doing laundry. If I'm feeling super cranky, I'll try and catch a few ZZZ's, but I try to soak up my "whatever" time as much as I can!comiz
He's so adorable.
I do both. I usually rest and veg, but now that the kiddos get very worn out from playing in the summer sun, they both go down at 1:00 and sleep until 4:00. While I can't justify three full hours of vegging, I can justify a very efficient veg/chore/veg/nap/veg/chore/veg routine that satisfies both worlds for me. :) I always tell my husband that people who work get a lunch break, and this is mine. ;)
sleep/rest/veg. no doubt.
Now that I'm preggers, there's a lot more sleep/veg and a little less chores. ;) I agree with Katie on the lunch break thing--genius!
I try to set an alarm before kids get up to get a few chores done that require more of my attention, so I can relax (READ!) during the majority of their nap. It really helps the "chill" factor for me...
Depends on what the day's been like. Usually I try to be somewhat productive, at least at the beginning. But some days just call nothing but coffee, chocolate, and the good ol' DVR. :) The plus side to being productive during nap time is that I get to veg the minute they go down at night - woohoo!
Rest! I mean I don't always rest, but I'm learning to. Last night at 10:30 p.m. when I was folding towels, I realized that there is always one more thing to do. It is important that you take a moment or two or more for yourself when you get the chance.
I have no advice for what to do during children's nap time as I have no children, but I would love to know what you think about these dulce de leche cheesecake bars. :) Oh my gosh. I am drooling! I might have to splurge after the reunion and make those! They look & sound amazing!
A daily debate for me! I get tired in the late morning and look forward to seans post lunch nap. But once he goes down I'm usually wide awake running around cleaning/facebooking/crafting, etc. Sometimes however the z monster wins and the nap never seems long enough! I think even just relaxing during nap time can reenergize tired mommas!
Post a Comment