Just in case you were getting tired of birth stories and monthly letters, here's a completely pointless post for you!
I have an obsession, folks.
I have long had a little guilty pleasure of occasionally checking People.com. Lame, I know. But over the last few weeks I have checked it every day without fail, waiting and hoping for one particular piece of news:
I want to know if Jessica Simpson has had her baby!
When you are pregnant, you inevitably end up being pregnant in the same time frame as other women, both those you know personally and those in pop culture. You can't help but compare experiences, and when those who have been pregnant along with you start to have their babies it makes it even more real that your time is coming too.
Over the last few months, I had seen Jessica Simpson on several talk shows, and I always stopped to watch. Because of the way she talked about her upcoming delivery and because of the way she looked, I just assumed that she was due before me.
Now here I sit with a three week old and not a word on the birth of Jess' little girl. And now I'm kind of obsessed. Every day I check People.com, each time there has been no news, and each time I say a big, genuine, Bless Her Heart!!!
So best wishes to my partner in pregnancy, Jessica Simpson. (And, Jess, if you read this, send me the recipe for those "slutty brownies" you mentioned on Jay Leno! ;)
4 comments:
I told Michael the other day that Jessica Simpson has been pregnant for 13 months. That baby is going to weigh 15 pounds!!
It does seem like Jessica's been pregnant forever, I heard her talk about those brownies on Jay Leno, they do sound good don't they. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and I still have 3 months!!! ugh
Oh girl, there is no shame in People.com checking...at least I sure hope there's not! ;)
Here is the recipe.
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/slutty-brownies-so-delicious-and-completely-inappropriate/
Post a Comment