Wednesday, May 2, 2012
TWO!
April 29, 2012
Dear Riggins,
You are TWO, little buddy! Although time really has flown by, this birthday has not carried the same "Oh my goodness, I can't believe it!" feeling that your first birthday held. Whether it's the fact that you have developed into a little person with quite the personality, or all of the fun independence you've begun to express, your dad and I both found ourselves saying, "Of course he's two!" It just feels like your age matches the little boy we are getting to know every day.
The biggest event of this month was that you became a big brother! We had no idea what to expect from you as we brought this massive change into your life, but you have exceeded our expectations! You have an instinctive sweetness and gentleness with your brother that has just melted our hearts, and we are so very proud of the love and tender heart you are already showing to your "baby brother." Speaking of pride, you are very proud of your baby brother and love showing him off. You always want to know where he is, and you love to "Shhhh" when he is sleeping. You like to give him "big hugs" and kisses, and you like to hold him too. The transition hasn't been without its ups and downs, but you tend to show the stress of the change in your behavior in general rather than directing it toward your brother or your dad and me. You're handling it all like a champ, buddy!
The other big "first" of the month was your first haircut! This was a bit traumatic for me, as your blonde locks are one of my favorite features. I might have cried over it once or twice! But it really needed to be done, and you look adorable. Plus, it allows me to see more of my other favorite feature, your big blue eyes!
Your language continues to develop at a shocking pace. Most of what we say to you is parroted back in your adorable toddler-ese. Thanks to a variety of resources, you now know all of your letters and their sounds, and you can pitch in to sing about half of the alphabet. You love to sing, and I am constantly surprised when you chime in on songs that I didn't know you knew. At BSF, you shocked your teachers by singing along to "Holy, Holy, Holy!" Your other favorite this month has been "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," and watching you do the motions is one of my greatest sources of entertainment these days.
The other noticeable characteristic of this month has been your toddler energy! I feel like you are busier and louder than ever before. You are constantly on the move: running, jumping, bouncing on any piece of furniture that we will allow, marching, spinning, and "falling down." Despite your activity, you still enjoy curling up to read books, both with us and alone. I love finding you sitting quietly in your room, flipping through a book.
At two, you wear a size 5 diaper, size 24 month clothing, size 7 shoe, and you weigh about 28 pounds. You sleep from about 7:30 to 6:30 each night and nap from around 1 to 3 or 4 each afternoon. You love tractors, fire trucks, and choo choos; music; donuts; The Letter Factory DVD; running with Daddy; bubbles; going to the zoo, the Children's Museum, BSF, Kid Station, or the playground (Key word: going! You like to be out and about!); your yellow night night and Hippo; riding facing forward in your car seat (the better to see all those trucks!); getting eye drops (artificial tears) from Daddy for fun (strange kid!); animals of all kinds; tickles and "big hugs" before bedtime; and helping with baby brother. You don't like pizza or potatoes; coloring; getting your diaper changed and getting dressed (a new development!); and going inside after a car ride.
Riggins, you are such a joy! We are so very blessed to be your parents and we are so proud of the sweet, funny, independent little boy you are becoming. Between your actual growth, your haircut, and the arrival of your baby brother, you seem to have become so big in the blink of an eye. I know that in another few blinks you'll be on your way into this big world, so I am soaking up every precious moment, even on the hard days when I think your toddler antics might make me crazy!
I love you, my beautiful, funny boy! May God be so good as to bless us with many more wonderful years together!
Love,
Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
His haircut looks adorable...and it DOES make him look all grown up! Precious boy. :)
So, Jude is almost 2.5 yrs old and he is wearing a size 6.5 shoe! I love to see these little comparisons. :) The thing I noticed about becoming 2 yrs old, were all the new opinions about everything. Sheesh. All of a sudden he has an opinion about what shirt, or socks, he's gonna wear. For us, we've had monumental tantrums since 11 months old. :) All that to say, I wish our little blondies could play together!
I canot believe that he is 2...crazy!! He is so handsome!
Happy Birthday to your little man!
Post a Comment