We are out of the tunnel and have officially reached the light!
Today was a wonderful day for our family. To say that I am proud of this man would be the understatement of the century. He has earned his OD degree, which in itself is a remarkable accomplishment. But what I am most proud of is that he did it while investing in his marriage, bringing two beautiful boys into the world, being an amazing hands-on Daddy, maintaining his own physical, emotional, and spiritual health, and cultivating a rich community of friends. He has never used his academic pursuit as an excuse from living life to the fullest in all areas, and as a result we are closing this chapter of our lives not with a big sigh of, "Finally" but with precious memories and bittersweet emotions. I am so thankful for his leadership, discipline, and perseverance. Praise be to God for his sustaining grace, abundant provision, and constant guidance to Jonathan and me over the last four years.
Congratulations to my handsome Doc!
Confession of a Relieved Student's Wife: this photo reveals that I may feel a little bit of a share in that hard-earned diploma! He definitely could have done it without me, but I don't think he would have had nearly as much fun! ;)


7 comments:
Congratulations to you guys! And good luck with The next chapter of your lives!
CONGRATS!!! What a journey. And yes, you DO deserve a huge pat on the back as well--you are a huge reason that he was able to achieve this goal, and your support is priceless. Congrats to you BOTH!!!
Congratulations to the Poe family! What a huge accomplishment...for all involved! Good luck with with the move to OKC! And, btw, you look fabulous!
Congratulations! As a former student's wife myself, I can vouch for the fact that you both deserve a huge kudos! Enjoy this special time of celebration.
CONGRATS!! The end to an amazing journey. And yes, you totally deserve to hold that diploma!! I'm so thrilled for you guys and can't wait to see what the next chapter holds!
You look gorgeous! Congratulations to you both! It is definitely a team effort.
Congrats Leslie!!! (and Jonathan!) Definitely understand the value of your final photo here. Heck- I want a single shot of me and the diploma at the end of this degree journey!
Post a Comment