Memphis has snow! Even The King himself is enjoying the light dusting of powder. When I looked out the window, I was thrilled that the winter blitz had finally come our way, that I would finally be able to enjoy a snow day at home like all my Okie and Arkansan friends. I got dizzy with glee as I thought about the movies I would watch, the sweatpants I would wear, the cookies I would bake, the hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps that I woudl drink...bliss.
Just to confirm my luck, I rushed to the living room, turned on the telly, and was greeted by Matt and Meredith. Jonathan hopped on the computer, and he read the news first:
Both the U of M and Southern Optometry School are open for business today.
Cruel. Just cruel.
The snowy winter view out my new office window and my red rain boots are making it slightly worth it. Just slightly.
4 comments:
Sorry you didn't get quite enough to stay home! Don't envy the Okies too much...it has been NUTS out here, and then the power starting flickering. YIKES! It seems to be melting away today though, thankfully.
Awe..pooey! Wishing you a snow day soon. I am totally snowed in here :)
Now I feel kind of bad that I'm here at home (when every bit of ice has all but melted here ...) and you're at work! No fair, no fun. Glad to see you online again, also! I look forward to keeping up -- stay warm!!
i feel your pain. and no patients came in today anyway, so it was a waste of a day! :( maybe another day. on a positive note, i did not break my ankle (or anything else) on the ice this morning! :)
Post a Comment