
I got in the elevator, joining one woman who stood in the back corner.
She was humming a little ditty, and I thought to myself: "Hee hee...I just caught you humming a little ditty to yourself in the elevator! I bet that's embarassing!"
But nope. She wasn't embarassed. She kept humming her little ditty.
All
the
way
down.
Eight floors.
Interesting.
It reminded me of the time in first grade that I was humming in class. My teacher, Mrs. Johnson, reprimanded me and told me to stop humming.
I was shocked.
You see, up until that day, I believed that because humming does not require the projection of sound out of your mouth, it can only be heard by YOU and no one around you. Its a fun little ditty in your own little head that no one else can hear. Or so I thought.
With one scolding, Mrs. Johnson shattered that belief to bits.
Perhaps I should have filled Elevator Ditty Lady in on the secret?
7 comments:
that's hilarious!! it cracks me up when i pass someone humming, i'm like, HELLO-I CAN HEAR YOU!!
I've been telling C all week, "Nie comes back on Friday! Nie comes back on Friday!" So, yeah. I'm excited.
He feigned excitement, since he's sweet like that.
oh my gosh!! People can hear you hum?! just kidding. that's so funny
The cleaning lady would randomly hum a couple notes, stop for a while, hum a few more notes, stop, and repeat. I found that to be rather annoying.
However, I used to work with ladies who whistled all the time. I'd take humming over whistling any day.
Little Ditty? That's hysterical!
Ha, love that story! Awkward! ;)
What is Nie?
Too funny!....
I left an award for you on my blog.
Post a Comment